What a day I have had today. Wow, it was just so wacky. But first I shall start with what transpired last night. Last night I had an interesting conversation with a girl that I've come to be really good friends with. Now just for the easiest sake of those that understand the personality tests, I'm a yellow and she's a purple leaning towards red. Now I don't like the stubborn red personality but she also has purple which intrigues me. Anywho, we had a really good 2 hour conversation in which we decided that we could tell each other alot of things but there was NO way we'd ever get married because it wouldn't work out. It was funny that way. Anyways, onto what happened next. So I've had insomnia the past two nights, why? Sometimes I have insomnia so it wrecks my schedule. Last night I finished "The Office" which is a brilliant british tv show that had 14 episodes and won 2 golden globes. Such a good show.
So once again with insomnia I couldn't fall asleep until about 8 in the morning this morning. I wanted to get up around noon but did not wake up until 4 pm. So i got up showered and decided I did not want to spend any of the day in my apartment. So after calling some people and finding none of them to be home I went on over to Novel and Uffish's. Can I just say that their apartment is a nice place to just sit and relax and not care about anything. Anywho, they weren't really up for doing anything which is no problem cause I was the one who came over unannounced, which means I don't expect anyone to entertain me, I just come to see if anything is happenin' and if not then I'll head on another way. So I headed home and watched 3 episodes of an anime which I can't remember the name of right now. Then I went to juggling club. Had some fun there, did some homework in the library and headed home at 10. Anyways so still nothing much crazy going on. So then I visited with two people that I haven't really met all that often in my ward but had fun with them. Then I went to my old mission companions place. He shall be henceforth known as Huntsman, for that is his name. Him and I are great buds, but he owed me 45 bucks. So we went to the ATM and he vented his frustrations about his roommate Ray. Ray was baptized by Huntsman and later they became roommates. So after that I headed over to the Vermillion skies. I saw BAWB there and had myself a marshmellow cremosa and some cake. I read the second to last chapter of Ender's Game. Anywho, right when I was ready to leave who walks in but Ray. I guess Ray and Huntsman had a crazy argument over something and Ray was pissed. Now he had no idea I was at Vermillion Skies, he was just going to walk around to cool off and thought to come in for some water. Well we ended up talking for nearly 2 to 3 hours about all this stuff that he needed to get through, and it was exactly what he needed to hear. It was crazy. Think of the timing on that, all this happened and the day I decide to try out a cremosa I end up helping Ray sort through his problems and feel a heck of a lot better. It was really cool. So then I headed back and now I'm gonna head to bed.
But overall, all this reminded me of the importance of timing. Somehow the Lord sees fit that somehow we'll be in the right place at the right time to help someone in need. How many times have we all seen it that way? To illustrate the point I'm going to tell a story my last day as a missionary. Now firstly, I went on my mission with 2 months left before I turned 20. A late bloomer in some aspects, but I could have left earlier. So then it comes to be the last day of my mission when I was going to lose my last companion and go out with the other missionaries to the Joesph Smith Memorial in Vermont. Now, I was expecting to go there, so when my companion stole my shoelace to use for a fun little thingamajig, I didn't protest, cause I wouldn't need to walk much anyways. Now I had also let my hair out. Just a little bit, not much maybe 2 weeks of growth, but it needed to be cut if I was going to be doing any work. Since I wasn't I didn't think about it. So here I come to transfers without a shoelace and what not, not really thinking anything of it. Well since it was a new mission president he decides to try something new. He says to all of us after our companions have gone, we're going to do some tracting in town here. We'll split you up in twos and have you work for your last day. So I went with Elder "Grote" (his nickname) who was one of the APs at the time. Now as he was an AP he had to wait until every companionship made it to transfers and left, well two hadn't shown up yet. So we had to wait for quite a while. Then he said, alright, we need to cut your hair. I wasn't too pleased but I said it was fine, so we went to a barber and had my hair cut. Then we had to go back to his apartment so I could steal one of his shoelaces for a couple hours, then we had to go to the office to do something or other. So we started at 3. We were supposed to go from 11 to 6, and we started at 3, we had it mapped out where we were supposed to go and all that. So the first door we knock on we come into a family from Kenya, and teach them a first discussion right then and there. Now what was interesting was what they said as we went out the door. "You're lucky you caught us, we just got home after being out all day, and we were just about to leave right as you knocked. We were here for maybe 10 minutes if that." I never did find out what ever happened to that family, however, think of the timing on that. Big city, the fact that this was my last day, hair cut, having to wait, shoelace, all those things all rolled into one, and if we had gone at 11, they wouldn't have been there. We would have said we had done the road and no one would have gone back to do it for ages. How on earth is it that everything we do, can add up to one single point and things can work out so right. It's absolutly amazing. I feel so invigorated right now, and it's 5 in the morning. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get on a good schedule again.
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Someday I'll tell you the story of good timing nad my conversion. :)
Have a good day.
Hmm...just thought it was funny you wrote about Elder Huntsman...I just found some pictures you sent while on your mission. Guess what else I found?! THE POEM!!! It's just as amusing as it was when you wrote it. :) Will we see you tomorrow?
I'm on the last released disc of Alias, and I am so totally going for the Office next. When's our next Arrested Dev?
Post a Comment