I got a letter in the mail yesterday. It was weird cause I usually don't get mail, and if I do it's usually at my parent's house that I get mail because not too many people know this address. So this letter is about the size of a greeting card or birthday card. The handwriting looks like a girl's handwriting but there is no return address. But the postmark says it was sent from Salt Lake City. So open the letter to find a computer made greeting card that on the front cover says HUGS and has two teddy bears with a heart in between them. I open up the card to find this typed in green.
Hugs...
Hugging is the Perfect Cure
for Whatever May Ail You.
Hugs have no moveable parts, there are no bat-
teries to wear out, and need no periodic check-
ups. They have low energy consumption. They
are inflation-proof; and, of course, are fully return-
able.
Hugging is haelthy. It relieves tension, combats
depression, reduces stress, and improves blood
circulation. It's invigorating. It's rejuvenating. It
elevates self-esteem and generates goodwill. It
has no unpleasant side effects. It is nothing less
than a miracle drug!
Consider yourself hugged,
and pass it along.
(Now at this point they signed their names in blue ink)
Love,
Brother and Sister Larson
So this is the letter I got yesterday. Now my number one question of the day is...
who on earth are Brother and Sister Larson?!? I have no idea who they are! I called my mom and dad to ask if hey knew any Larsons that lived in SLC or if they knew any Larsons at all, and none of us could think of any. Who are these people? How do they know me? How on earth did they get my apartment address? Don't they know that I don't like hugs? Don't they know that they used three hyphens in the first paragraph? Don't they know it's a little creepy to get a random HUG letter from someone you don't know? Why didn't they leave a return address? Who are these people?
I am so freaked out right now. Does anyone have any idea who these people could be?
Friday, July 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Maybe Derek had someone send it? Although he probably doesn't know your apartment address...Besides it doesn't have to be from SLC...sometimes mail from Provo gets sent to SLC and postmarked up there. That probably just increased the geographic size of your paranoia! Sorry! Maybe (I promise this is my last "maybe")it's from someone in your BYU ward...like the bishop or first counselor or something.
That's really wierd.
Obviously it's meant to be like a chain letter, etc. so maybe it's from someone who knows you who knows them. It can't be all too bad, since it talked about hugs and was from a "Brother" someone.
You have to remember that BYU has a stalkernet. Maybe they just did a search on your name. I can almost envision grey-haired Sis. Larson sitting at her computer all day long typing hugs to send to stressed out college students named for fruit.
Spam.
Gotta love Utah's randomness...
Post a Comment