Met Laulau for the first time last night, we saw Star Wars 3. I'll post my thoughts on it here later. 'Twas a fun time. But besides that not much else to report. Though I do think a Arrested development marathon is in order, I have the first season and I was wondering if there would be people who would want to join in for that event. Any takers? I'm also currently looking to buy Michel Gondry's music videos, I love that thing so much, if you've seen it at anystores, tell me, cause I can't seem to find it. So now onto the imdb part 2.
So for the last one I had 18 out of 25. So let's go on for the next 25. Just looking it over I don't think I've seen as many in this 25.
26. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - Haven't seen it
27. It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - Isn't this movie wonderful, it fills you with so much joy. The first big time feel good movie. Even the title makes you feel happy. 4 stars
28. Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le (2001) (Amalie) - When I lived in Virginia for two months all I basically did was watch movies, this was one of them. Absolutly wonderful movie. One of the reasons why I now like the french. Probably the cutest movie ever (Minus Panda go Panda). 4 stars
29. Goodfellas (1990) - Haven't seen it
30. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Haven't seen it
31. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) - Michel Gondry! I love this man, he has become one of my top 3 favorite directors. He really knows how to make a movie into an art form. He spends so much time until it's perfect. This movie is visually spectacular. 4 stars
32. Sunset Blvd. (1950) - Haven't seen it
33. American Beauty (1999) - Kevin Spacey makes this movie what it is. I remember really liking it the first time I saw it but I do need to see it again because it just seems to be too cool for it's own good. But when I did see it in 99 I gave it 4 stars and so must still give it that.
34. Vertigo (1958) - This is a suspense movie for the ages. Hitchcock is brilliant in not giving everything away and hitting you with surprise endings. I never saw this one coming. Go watch this movie. 4 stars
35. The Matrix (1999) - A movie that blew everyone away. A revolution in it's own right. The two sequels were not recieved well and thus this one loses some of it's flavor, but as a movie by itself it's wonderfully inventive. 4 stars
36. Apocalypse Now (1979) Haven't seen it.
37. Fight Club (1999) This movie is just too cool for it's own good. I loved it the first time but then watching it the second time there are too many plot holes. Suddenly watching it, nothing made sense. This movie definatly came out of obscurity to become a cult classic. Edward Norton beating himself up is awesome. But still some problems with it having too many plot holes and what's up with the Penguin? 3 1/2 stars
38. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) - Wonderful movie that shows what people could do in the early days just by telling a good story. 4 stars
39. Paths of Glory (1957) - Haven't seen it
40. The Pianist (2002) - Haven't seen it
41. The Third Man (1949) - haven't seen it
42. Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (2001) (Spirtited Away) - Miyazaki is a genius. I've almost seen all his movies and I haven't yet been dissappointed. This one though is definatly one that you can start with when watching his movies. Very imaginitive and very well drawn. Definatly recommended if you haven't seen it. 4 stars
43. Taxi Driver (1976) - Have't seen it
44. Singin' in the Rain (1952) - Classic songs for a classic movie. Though I didn't really enjoy it as much as most. The story didn't make any sense to me. 3 1/2 stars
45. Boot, Das (1981) Haven't seen it
46. Double Indemnity (1944) Haven't seen it
47. M (1931) Haven't seen it
48. Se7en (1995) - I've seen most of this movie but not all of it, I do need to watch it all though
49. Chinatown (1974) Haven't seen it
50. Some Like It Hot (1959) Haven't seen it
Only 10 of the past 25, I have a lot to watch in this section.
Friday, May 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I loved 30, 31, 37, 48.
The only one on that list I've seen is To Kill A Mockingbird, and that one only because my English teacher showed it to my class in tenth grade. Pretty good, but I liked the book better.
Post a Comment