Sunday, May 15, 2005

Good News

So as I was playing frisbee today which I do each saturday I came upon some good news. I put on a pair of shorts that I knew would be a good pair cause it wouldn't fall down. However, it started to fall down the whole time and I kept having to pull them up as I ran. Why is this good? Because that means I'm losing weight. My more exersize diet is working!

You know what's the one thing I don't like when i go to play frisbee though, there are always about three to four people that end up coming that are way too into it. Instead of just marking the goals, they'll make end zones, they'll yell at everyone, expect everyone to be as professional as them, call out of bounds, call traveling, call picks, just stupid stuff. I just want to walk up to them and say, "hey, do you see any talent scouts in the audience? No? Then have some fun darling." Usually I end up playing about 4 hours each week but after playing with these guys after an hour and a half I was done. I started to walk back with my group when we saw some of the usual people we play with who had showed up late and joined some other game, they lost a bunch of people so we ended up staying and playing with them instead, and had much more fun. I've played League games before and they are brutal but you're supposed to have all the rules and referees, most people that come play on saturdays don't even think about ever playing a league game. So lighten up guys.

After sleeping the 18 hour night, I stayed up all last night, finally watched Cheungking Express by Wong Kar Wai, it was really excellent, I'll give it 3 1/2 stars. Played frisbee, went to Costoco then about 4 pm I was in such a daze that I had to fall asleep. So I slept 8 hours just now and have now woken up around Midnight and can't fall back asleep. Will I ever be able to get back into a good schedule? Will I do another 18 hour sleep binge? Will I fall apart when it all comes together? Do you know the Muffin Man? Why do sharks explode? Stay Tuned to find out.

2 comments:

SkyBluePink said...

I hate playing any sport with people that aren't there to have fun. I played on an intramural water polo team at the Y and thank goodness my team was in it to have fun. Maybe that's because we were wicked bad... who knows. But it was so much more fun that way. I refuse to play volleyball with anyone in my stake here. They are horrible at letting loose...

Obliviocelot said...

Yah, I know what you mean about playing games with people that take it too seriously. Drives me nuts when people do that! Makes me just want to wring their necks or something, but maybe I'm just a little too violent sometimes. Oh, and hey, congratulations about your shorts! And sharks explode if you hit them with the moon.