Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sundance Day Two


Sundance Day Two began about a week after Day One as I tried to see some other movies during the week but couldn't make it into them. But then I went to the award winning movies they show for locals. So i went with my audio teacher and another dude from my class and the first movie we saw in Park City was the winner of the Documentary Directing Award. It was called "War Dance" (I couldn't find any images). It's the story of a couple of Northern Uganadan children and their journey to the Ugandan Elementary Music National Championships. It starts in about their history in oppression. It's a very well made and very touching film. I highly recommend it to everyone when it finally comes out.

Then we headed to Salt Lake City to see the winner of the Dramatic Directing Award: Rocket Science. (Pictured above) It's the story of a kid who stutters and his desires to date this girl who tries to get him to join the debate team. It has a similar feel to it like Little Miss Sunshine. The best thing about this movie is how memorable it is, I haven't stopped thinking about it since seeing it. It was good and I would recommend it to almost everyone with a couple of exceptions for some people.

Both good movies which I'm sure will make it to the theaters sometime later this year.

1 comment:

Rachel Helps said...

those sound like cool films. I hope I get to seem them someday.