
I'd like to say this was probably the best Wiki Adventures I ever had. So I decided to look up Harold and Maude on Wikipedia. Finding that Bud Cort was Harold. I found out that if Ruth Gordon (the woman who played Maude) were alive today she would be 110 years old. Then I find that Bud Cort was in Life Aquatic, he was the bond company stooge (Pictured above), and that Wes Anderson created this role particularly for Bud. Turns out also Life Aquatic was his 52nd film. Also in an interview with "DVD talk" magazine, he makes a distinction of which I make all the time, he says in his interview, "I think I was fired from a submarine movie once. It’s a long story. I think it was with Bill Pullman. Or Bill Paxton. I was in a few movies with both." I can't ever remember the difference between the two. Awesome. The interview is actually quite interesting and if you want to you can check it out here. Bud Cort Interview
DISTRACTION -- In writing this post I got distracted by the Bud Cort Interview and had a good wikipedia adventure during that of which I will tell here and end and then we'll be back to our regularly scheduled story.
So in the Bud Cort interview he mentions that the three best scripts he's ever read include a movie called "The Fisher King" which was directed by Terry Gilliam, seen to the right. I had a conversation earlier in the day about Terry Gilliam, and now Krebscout and I are Terry Gilliam buddies. So I wikied Fisher King and decided I must watch this film. Then when looking down at his movies he directed I noticed one I didn't recognize, but in clicking on it, I knew what it was and knew the brilliance of the film. It's called "The Crimson Permanent Assurance", it's a short film before Monty Python's Meaning of Life in which office worker's become Pirates. if you have not seen it you must, for it is amazing. Oh and the picture is from said movie. END DISTRACTION.So from Bud Cort I then found out he was in an episode of Arrested Development. I remember the episode only a little since it's in season 3 and I do not yet own season 3.
But I suddenly realized why Roger had made the reference to his name at the start at the movie. Well then I headed back to Bud Cort and saw this amazing little tidbit of trivia. "For a while in the early 1970's, Cort lived with Groucho Marx." Groucho Marx! No Bloomin' way! So of course I had to go to Groucho Marx. Now when it comes to the Marx Brothers I happen to think "Duck Soup" is a hilarious movie and one of the best in it's time. Well in reading about Groucho I come to find out about something called "You Bet Your Life" which if you haven't read about it, go to the Groucho wiki and read about it. It was a game show in which he was the star and it was one of the most successful game show's ever. From there I clikced on his co-star Geroge Fenneman who was apparently quite funny as well playing the announcer and the perfect foil to Groucho's wit. From there I clicked on the actual show "You Bet Your Life".From here I come to find that there's actually Public Domain stuff of this on the internet, which can be found Here! It's a pretty funny show and it makes me want to see what other tidbits of goodness are floating around public domain. Believe me when I say you want to watch it, the inner tube part is hilarious! But basically I started with the movie I saw tonight and through Wikipedia I discovered a gem of a game show. What a good find!

2 comments:
.
I have several episodes of You Bet Your Life on dvd and I LOVE them. Also somewhere around 10 Marx Bros movies; come over anytime.
link
(sorry for doing it that way, but I don't know how to send code--I'm really not that tech savvy)
holy crap that's amazing
Post a Comment