Tuesday, February 06, 2007

End of Second Act, Begin the Third

I feel like my life is a trilogy of movies. Therefore my life is done in 9 acts. I feel as though I've finally finished the second act. I beat the main problem of the first movie and now I'm going into the last stage of the begining of my life. Things currently are just going so well that it can only be the begining of the third act. Things are pulling together and now I just need to live the rest of the act. The big storylines of this act will be graduating college, whatever relationships happen and finally the moving out of Utah. It's great, I know what I want to do, I have a plan of attack for graduating, I have a very promising job oppurtunity coming up. The funny thing is if I wanted to I could write the screenplay of my life so far, film it myself, edit it, do the sound and make it into a good production. Especially when this act is over I'll have the know how to do all that stuff, hopefully also by that time I'll have learned the marketing aspect of it too.

I'm also starting to understand things a little more then I used to. I was called in my ward to be the sunday school teacher a little while back, and if that weren't enough, I was just called to also be the Elder's Quorum teacher. Now my teaching load is doubled each month. But I'm learning some very interesting and spiritual things.

I feel as though I've lost the touch of my blog. I used to write cool stories and now it's just introspection on current life. I think I lost some love of blogging after the debacle of November last year. If you don't know what it is, just ask and I'll tell you.

As introspection goes, I was really worrying about something lately, so much so that I was getting so flustered and garbled that I couldn't think straight. Luckily I came to the realization that I need to apply it the same way I've been applying my life as of late, with low stress and keeping myself relaxed. Even when I have big responsibilities I can usually keep myself sane and not get stressed. This thing I was worrying about will happen, I just need to wait and see. Not worry about it so much.

I mentioned I cut my hair, so I might as well post a picture, here I am with my second cousion Audrey. I know it's not a good picture as far as not seeing my hair, but then again that's what I'm giving you.

1 comment:

Curtis and Shae said...

As far as worrying about things...I heard a very good statement one time. It goes like this..."Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday."

Of course...being the music guru that you seem to be, I would guess you know where this statement comes from. It never really hit me....until I had listened to the song like 30,000 times. It is so true. Worrying is...like a plague. And, I want you to know, I speak very hypocritically here (because of the simple fact that I worry much more than a "normal" person should...I am working on that though) but I also speak the truth. I know most of the time you can't help it. But, life gets so much better when you just let things go and you don't worry anymore. Once again...you are hearing this from a very hypocritical person...but a very well informed hypocrite.

As far as moving on to the next "act" of your life...well, congrats. Looking back and seeing some accomplishment has got to be a good thing. You sound to me...like you are doing a good job. And things will fall into place for you, as long as you are willing to keep trying. That is what life is all about...trying, and trying, and trying again.

P.S. The haircut looks nice.