Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day Poetry

I was attending my friend Thelma's cheesy love fest today and one of the activities was to write some awful Valentine's Day Poetry. When it comes to being creative I love stuff like that, trying to figure out some new way of making people laugh. So in the fifteen minutes I had to write the poems I wrote five poems, and now for your viewing pleasure, those five poems, in order of goodness, and remember, this was a cheesy party.

Juliet

I want you baby oh baby
as my lover baby oh baby
to kiss me baby oh baby
like babies, baby oh baby

Haiku of Love
I love you my dear
the impact is said like a
car striking a moose

Ode to My Ex
When we were in love
it could be only described
as the plot from Wedding Planner
but now that we're apart
though I'm usually nice
I'd like to hit you with a hearse.

Kissing In Four Lines
Everytime I kiss your face
it feels like mushy oatmeal
Everytime I feel your tongue
it feels like an electric eel

My Soul Mate

(To be read in the voice of a deep dark man)

I knew I loved you the night you walked in
the door, the first floor of the library
I knew from your shiny blond hair and
your brown sexy frames you were mine
You walked up to me, no sound could be heard
except for the sweet sound of breathing
You looked down to me, I looked up to you
from the seat of my chair
I stared with intent as your full bright red lips
twitched and eventually parted
and finally you began to speak...
"Where's the Geography section?" you said
"Sorry but I don't work here"
"My Mistake" she awardly said and slowly walked away
I knew in my heart I would see her again
for I got a job at the library.

2 comments:

Curtis and Shae said...

You make me laugh...and I like it. Good post. You should write like this more often. :-)

Berkeley G. said...

Ode to My Ex was my favorite--I can totally relate. I also liked the last one...very funny. :)