Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Are You Completely Insane?

So today in my 3D modeling and animation class (which I'm actually getting to the point where I can do things) this guys sat next to me and started talking about the weirdest things, apparently he had it from a very reliable source that since macs could now start running the windows operating system, that macs no longer needed to make their own operating system and would just stop doing so and make all macs use the windows operating system. There were about four of us sitting there trying to register what he just said until each of us said in our own way, "That doesn't make any sense at all." That's like saying "Well now that our company can just buy this kind of bread, we have no need to sell our own any more, let's just stop making money." This guy however was insistant that he was right, he in the next couple days plans to look it up and find the source so that we can all see how right he is...

2 comments:

Yarjka said...

Mac users are weird.

JB said...

When I first heard that you could run Windows on a Mac I thought it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard. Why on Earth would you buy a better computer with superior software just to run buggy, filled with vulnerabilites, crap for software Windows? I mean, that's like buying a really fancy stereo system and then hooking it up to computer speakers or something. It just doesn't make sense. Are there still really enough idiots out there making software that only runs on Windows?

I do prefer Linux, though. I get the hardware I'm used to, the window manager I like best, a community of tech support (which I don't usually need since I also have tech support at home, but it's still cool that it's there), and it isn't buggy. On top of that, I don't have to pay an extra hundred or so dollars to have Windows and then another 40-50 on top of THAT for anti-virus software. It's not that hard to learn a new OS, people.

Windows users are weird.