Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why I'm glad I'm not a teenage girl

I recently found my cousin's blog, she's 14 I believe. Just reading it makes me glad I'm not a teenage girl. Here's a sample.

"heyy okay well heres my last week simplifed i just got backk from the beach and we went w/ the farleys (ashley, chase, spencer, grant, callie)..  one day  we rented mopeds which was cool.. but chase wrecked =(  then one day when we were comming home from the pool and i was driving we got pulled over by the police cuz i ran 3 stop signs!! (im not xactly the worls greatest driver either!) haha & we did other stuff like went to the pool&beach&talked & ashley meet 2 guys!! lol and we kept on trying to get rid of one (mike or w/e) and so they stayed for 4 days and then some other ppl came!! woohoo... then today i went to church..people came over ..then went over to kaylies (cushmans) for this thing for her brother and i just got back from that!! okay well i got stuff to do!! =) <33 xxoo"

What on earth is going on here? Why has lol become a part of our common internet vancular. People say other people should stop swearing because they can't come up with other insults, I think lol is worse then swearing for this very reason. And what does it mean? Laugh out loud? Lots of Love? Lots of Laughs? Love of Lard?

What does ROMALFO mean? Or RMAOLFOLO? Or whatever it's supposed to be.

<33 ......?!?!? What is this? I've seen it all over her blog, and all over the internet too. I can't figure out what this is.

Because of my hatred of lol, I can't bring myself to tryout for lol.byu.edu I just can't do it, every time I see it I want to burn down some random hotel.

That's enough for my rant. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Braden said...

ROTFL: rolling on the floor laughing.

ROTFLMAO: rolling on the floor laughing my a** off.

<3: heart/love.

Th. said...

I suspect you mean comments besides lol?