Some cool things have gone on this week and I'm feeling good about life. Fall semester is one of the greatest things because of major upheavels in wards. I really did not like this ward when I first moved in back in January. Everyone looked at my hair and thought, now here's someone who's a psycho. I was especially pissed when I got the comment from a member of the bishopric when i cut my hair that he was glad to see that I finally decided to live the honor code. Spring and summer was a little better, some of the people left and some of the good ones stayed so I was a little happier, but there was still the same overall feeling. But now the turnover is so great, so many people have changed and I'm feeling optomistic about this ward now. Particularly in a few cases, 1. I'm now not the only guys in the ward with afro hair, now there's two of us. 2. People are actually coming by my place now that I don't live in the dungeon. Apparently people were geunily afraid of the apartment because it was so dark and dank and scary. Weird.
3. So last night was the ol' munch and mingle, I met this girl that was a film major, though after talking to her I honestly don't know how she made it into the program or why she's a film major. She said the key was to write good papers. That actually pisses me off a little bit, Shouldn't creative ability in your work count a little more then your critiquing ability. Not to say I'm not good at it, but I think that it's just not quite as important. So my roommate is getting to know this girl on the couch during munch and mingle. I don't talk to her, but she looks a little too pretty* to talk to.
*Quickly, since growing up as a nerd who was very lanky and bumbly, I immidiatly look at someone who's widely regarded as pretty and don't even think about it. Anyways, continuing on.
So today I was going to go see "Brothers Grimm" (I'll talk about it later on in this post), but before I was going to leave said girl comes over and offers us in the apartment to come over to her apartment and have otter pops. So from now on said girl shall be known as "Otter". Well the three of us went over (from now on my roommates shall be known as Frenchie, Teddy, and Touchy) being me, Teddy and Touchy. I couldn't stay for long but I gave Otter an assignment to report to me about FHE and I would tell her about Brothers Grimm. So after seeing the movie I went over and talked to her longer. After talking to her for like two hours she says, what's your number? and pulls out her cell phone, and then says, "Cause I have to call you sometime." Not often do i get someone getting my number so quick. I thought that was grand. She's really cool, and really likes interesting people, which I definatly am.
Brothers Grimm was really good. If you watch it, remember, it's REALLY weird. It's one of my favorite directors Terry Gilliam who can't make a normal movie, after all he was one of the Monty Python guys. He also directed 12 Monkeys, Brazil, Jabberwocky, Adventures of Baren Munchousen, and Time Bandits. So that's all I'll really say, be prepared for a weird movie.
So now I'll tell you a bit about my roommates. Frenchie is the most annoying of the roommates, he's engaged to some french girl and all they do is speak in french and dance around the apartment. He's alright, but he really likes making fun of people littler then him, so I like being the intimidating roommate with him, he can't seem to figure me out. Teddy is a former football player who is really sweet and mild mannered. Just a nice guy all around. And touchy is that guy in every ward who comes up behind girls and starts giving them a shoulder massage, even if he doesn't know her. He always makes really horrible flirting comments such as- Girl-"I just baked cookies, be careful they're hot." Touchy- "No, I think you're hot." Captain we have Creep Factor 10.
The other thing that makes me really happy is across the street are four girls in whom I am quite good friends with, and it makes me happy to know I have a place of solitude with them. We watched Ong-Bak together the other day. I mentioned this movie in the my second post ever. It's a Thai film, and one reason why I really like these girls is I wasn't the one who said we should watch the movie. It was actually BAWB's cousin who is also there quite a bit, a good fellow he is. He has an awesome apartment, probably one of the coolest in Utah that I've seen. It's a tangled web though, BAWB's cousin is ex-girlfriends with one of the girls in the apartment though they're still really good friends, and she is the sister of some girl in Montana that I fancy. The apartment is great though, I even have a space in the fridge which is sweet.
I picked up the new Fatboy Slim cd this week called Palookaville. I must say that this is one of the most funktastic cds I've picked up in a while. Such a good cd. Much different then his stuff before. It also includes a funktastic version of "The Joker" with Bootsy Collins of Parliment fame. And when I say this cd is Funky, I literally mean it exudes Funkness Factor 10. For those that don't know what "The Joker" is, it's the song that starts off with "Some people call me the space cowboy."
Things seem to be picking up, plus my mom is making a major push on my dad to help me get camera and final cut pro this week. So hopefully the next post I make, I may be asking to see if anyone wants to be in some movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You have a very amusing way of writing...definitely fun. Glad to see you've given your number out. It'd be weird if I was still doing that (as I'm married now)...being single. The good old days. I want to see The Brothers Grimm, so I guess I'll be prepared now. I had heard that it wasn't exactly normal. Anyways, talk to you later.
So BAWB is related to Kortni's ex? I'm assuming it's the ex that we all knew and loved, but no longer see very often...
P.S. I told you I'd report about Ohio...it was awesome! I'll see you at Derek's thing Thursday, I'm sure.
yes it is, oh, I don't know about derek's thingy. Do call and let me know.
Post a Comment