1. Mega Man 2 -- Bubble Man -- I'm so glad I picked up the soundtracks for the Mega Man games. This kind of music was the first music I listened to a constant basis and really enjoyed. Chiptune music like this is my oldest love. I just love this stuff and this song is no exception.
2. Mahavishnu Orchestra -- Miles Beyond -- I first heard of this group when I found a bunch of their vinyls for cheap and they looked interesting. Only now am I hearing my first song by them and though it started out light this song is pretty rocking. It's like MMW but with more instruments. I think I'm going to listen to more of this band after this. This is the first one I couldn't find a suitable link for.
3. The Prodigy -- Hotride -- My most recent iPod's screen broke, so basically I've had it on random forever. Well one day I came upon this song and loved it but could not figure out who on earth it was. I looked through all my girl singers but to no avail. Then one day a little later I was looking through my Prodigy collection and here it was. The album as a whole sucked and this was the only good song on it. Also the link is to the music video which is awful and should never be viewed by anyone, so only listen to the song, don't watch the video.
4. Rammstein -- Bestrafe Mich -- Ah Rammstein, your favorite German power metal band. I've always had a mild fascination for this band. However most of their stuff is just plain awful as is this song. I'm glad I'm doing this random thing cause it's making me listen to some music I've just had that I never got around to listening to.
Also the video is really creepy.
5. Michael Jackson -- Is It Scary -- I have been really big into Michael as of late, but this song just isn't all that awesome. I'm quite disappointed by it. This is the first time I've heard it, but it's just not as good as all of his other stuff. Everyone has to have some bad songs I suppose.
6. Phish -- Possum -- Awesome, this is in my top 5 favorite Phish songs so I'm always glad when a version of this one pops up. It's a really good crusin' song as well for anyone who wants a good song to drive to.
7. The Urge -- Too Much Stereo -- This song leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth. This band was one of my favorites in high school, their first two albums were rockin' and this album like this song is more poppy then their usual sound. It's no wonder they broke up shortly after releasing this album. This song isn't great but I keep it around because of my love for the band and it's on the 100th album I ever purchased.
8. Primus -- Southbound Pachyderm -- I love this song. This is after all the most solid album by Primus which is one of my favorite bands of the late 90s early 00s. This is the start of their harder more sinister side which came out a lot more in their album Antipop. This band does a lot of good stuff when either sinister or crazy. This song though good works much better in context with the feel of the album then it does as a stand alone song. The link is for the music video which is 2 minutes shorter then the original.
9. Radiohead -- Morning Bell -- I love the feel of this song. This is one of the better songs on Kid A. I do have my gripes about this album as I don't think it's Radiohead's best album, but this song is one of the better songs on the album. It has a great eeriness feel to it as well. Live version in the link.
10. Galactic -- Paint -- The album this song is one Ruckus I won an autographed copy of at a concert. This song is a nice funky song which I like hearing every once in a while. This is my favorite live band after all.
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't know what this titling part-two of things "Electric Boogaloo" meme is about, but the phrase is somewhat amusing.
It's from the movie Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Jon, your blog always has the best word verification words. Today is soist, the other day was truwine.
When "Electric Boogaloo" has run its course, I nominate "Superbabies" to reign in its stead.
When I get home from work today, I am going to listen to all of these. You should save the YouTube ones in a playlist so you can just link to it and it can really simulate the experience of having your iPod on shuffle for the home audience.
Also, Jon, why does Eli get all the good verification words?
Also, classic Mega Man music FTW. I wish the musicians who wrote those tracks had signed their actual names to them (if they signed at all), because I want to know who's responsible for all that mad genius.
Post a Comment