Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vice

3 friends sit in an apartment together. Two friends (Jeff and Steve) are playing a video games on the tv and sitting on the couch, they are playing a fighting game. (Zach) is sitting on a chair next to the computer, he is surfing the net.

Jeff: Come on, come on, come on, come on! No!
Steve: Boo Yah Grandma.
Jeff: Dude, I'm totally going to beat you in round two.
Steve: Bring it Granny.
Jeff: Alright, come on, come on, come on, come on, oh, oh oh oh, wait, no no no no, hey, no fair, a Vice! You've got my head in a vice!
Steve: What?
Jeff: You've got my head in a vice, I can't get out of it, oh now I'm dead. Dude that sucks, I couldn't do anything.
Steve: A Vice?
Jeff: Yeah dude, you had my head in a Vice.
Steve: I had your head in a headlock, what the hell is a Vice?
Jeff: Dude, you know what a vice is.
Steve: Yeah, like how prostitution is a Vice.
Jeff: What? That's not what I'm talking about.

Zach chimes in from the computer.

Zach: You mean like Miami Vice, or Grand Theft Auto Vice City?
Jeff: What? No, like as in a clamping device.
Zach: Oh, a De-Vice?
Jeff: No it's something completely different.
Steve: So is that why they call it Miami Vice?
Jeff: What like it's a clamping city?
Steve: No because of the city being full of prostitutes.
Jeff: What?
Zach: Yeah I can see that with Grand Theft Auto cause it is like a Prostitute City.
Jeff: No, what the hell guys, Vices are for clamping things.
Steve: Like Prostitutes.
Jeff: No! Dude, seriously, you had my head in a vice, that was all I was saying.
Steve: Dude, I am not doing that sort of thing to you head! I'm not that kind of guy.
Zach: Okay, hold up, I'll look it up. Alright, on the dictionary on the internet. Vice, noun, an immoral or evil habit or practice, immoral conduct, sexual immorality, like prostitution.
Steve: Told you!
Jeff: Keep reading.
Zach: A fault, defect or shortcoming.
Steve: Like Miami!
Jeff: Shhh!
Zach: a person serving as a buffoon.
Steve: Oh so that's why you had your head in a vice.
Jeff: Dude, shut up, seriously where is my definition?
Zach: Hold on there are two more. A clamping device, usually consisting of two jaws closed or opened by a screw or lever.
Jeff: See! I told you I was right.
Steve: Dude, it was like the eighth one.
Jeff: Still I feel like I've won the moral victory in this one.
Steve: So Zach, what was the last definition.
Zach: A Bad habit, as in a horse.

Suddenly a horse walks in from the other room.

Horse: Seriously guys can you keep it down? I'm trying to get some sleep in here!

A shot is seen of the three characters and the horse smiling and putting their arms up, the sound "whomp wow" is heard.

End

______________
This post is an installment in a continuing series of content coordinated by theme or motif with posts from Enoch Allred of Chiltingham, John Allred of clol Town, Jon Fairbanks of Funkadelic Freestylings of Another Sort, Eli Z. McCormick of Modern Revelation!, John D. Moore of Whatnot Studios, Joseph Schlegel of Sour Mayonnaise, and William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden. This week's theme: 'Vice'.

4 comments:

Braden said...

I thought that was a vise.

Thirdmango said...

It's both. Both spellings are correct.

Yarjka said...

Vice is the spelling I've always used, and always seen, despite every source saying that 'vise' is the U.S. spelling.

I, of course, don't work with vises that often (boy, that spelling looks absolutely nutso), so I probably just used the vice spelling that I know and makes sense to me and use it for its homophone, which apparently is what the British do as well.

Note: the word verification is 'dande' so I feel obliged to add 'lion'.

John D. Moore said...

Horses! Amirite?