Saturday, January 31, 2009

I haven't been ice blocking since...

There was one time I went ice blocking with some friends, and it was the last time I ever went ice blocking. For those unaware, you can take ice blocks and put towels on them, you sit on them and you can slide down a hill. It's like sledding in the summer with wetter results. Well this hill had been ice blocked pretty heavily so the whole hill was wet and slick. I was up and I started going down, it became too fast and my ice block came out from under me, but I kept going on the wet grass. That is until my rear end collided with a sprinkler head tearing it clean off and creating a water fountain. I had a large gash on my bum after that. That is why I will never ice block again.

6 comments:

Eli McCormick said...

I've never been ice blocking, and doubt I ever will. I did once burn my bum rather badly by backing into my scoutmasters wood burning stove

Wiglaf said...

*shudders*

technology strikes again...

Th. said...

.

!

John D. Moore said...

That sounds miserable.

And as a known friend of the author of this blog, I want to clarify that I was not one of the "some friends" mentioned in this account. I have never gone ice blocking and can't imagine that I ever would.

Yarjka said...

I went ice blocking once, for about three seconds. I never saw the appeal.

G.C.C. said...

I enjoy ice-blocking and recommend it to all and sundry.