Each week I'll talk about things I watch that week, whether it be for the week or something I just watched in the week. However this week I'm going to go for two weeks worth, mainly just for the first two shows.
TV Talk: Week Prior to Jan 30th 2009
There were two big shows coming back which have made me very happy.
LOST -- Lost returned for it's fifth season last week and did two episodes and then had a third episode this week. It is exciting since it's one of my favorite shows, and during all three episodes I had moments where I literally said out loud, "That's so cool!" Many people are saying this show could be the ultimate disappointment if it doesn't end well, but for me personally, I just get excited during the episodes and so at this point it doesn't matter if some things go unanswered, it's too much fun watching each day's episodes. For those familiar with the show they've somewhat stopped doing the person per episode format and are more so focusing on just telling the rest of the story which I'm really happy with. My friend Mark had said something he wanted more of and that's Sayid doing more ass kicking, well there is plenty of that in these episodes. Also it's making Desmond into an even more interesting character even though I didn't think it could be possible. If you're into this show, then you're already hooked. So keep watching.
Battlestar Gallactica -- Battlestar came back for it's final ten episodes of the series and is airing every friday night. So far I've watched the first two episodes and I have no idea how they are going to end it out. The reveal of who the fifth and final cylon was, was excellent. Also all of the reveals in the first episode back just kept bringing a smile to my face. This is one of the best shows currently on television and they've been really good about who they choose to do what. It's been really nice. There were some really shocking moments and it's really doing a good job. I can't wait to see how it ends, and I'm excited that a show I do currently like is ending in the next eight weeks.
24 is back and in it's seventh season. It's a decent show and I still watch it each week, but I'm no where near the level of people who call it the Jack Bauer power hour. This show is an alright show with nothing really special to it. Only once in the first five episodes has anything actually surprised me, and it was just a cool move that Bauer did while lying down in the front of a car. 24 enthusiasts for the most part only like 24 and The Office so I don't really listen to them.
Sunday Night Fox cartoons are back with new episodes of American Dad and The Simpsons. The Simpsons is in it's 20th season right now and is being frontlined by the really funny Bill Odenkirk. Having this guy behind it has actually made the show decently funny again. It's a completely different feel from the classic episodes around season 5, but it's an enjoyable little time. American Dad is in it's 4th season and it's not all that great, basically it's always aimed around Roger the alien, and that's the only character they ever know what to do with.
Thursday Nights bring us The Office, My Name Is Earl and 30 Rock. The Office and 30 Rock are both excellent shows and My Name is Earl seems to finally be coming to an end soon. It's a show which had some funny moments but is overall just not all that great.
Psych is back on friday nights and is just as good as it was when it started. The characters and the writing for this show are just excellent, and they're doing a nice slow build to two of the main characters getting into a relationship.
A surprise show which is actually quite good is the Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon which shows on cartoon network. It's up to episode 15, but I'm still back on 10. The past couple of episodes have had some really good animation fights and some pretty decent stories to tell. I sorta wish it took place at a different time in the series, but it's still actually quite decent and a must if you're a true blue Star Wars fan.
I marathoned two series recently, the first is the first season of How I Met Your Mother. There are five main characters to the show, and the two main ones are just plain awful. They are awful actors and have nothing funny about them. The charm of this show are in the other three who are all seasoned tv show actors. Jason Segel from the show Freaks and Geeks, Alyson Hannigan from the Buffy series, and Neil Patrick Harris from Doogie Howser. Each of these three actors pull of excellent comedy. Also Bob Saget is the narrator which has a nice feel to it. So it's a decent show which is funny when it features those characters, but the other two are just no good.
The other show I marathoned were the first two seasons of The Big Bang Theory. This is a nice little show about a bunch of nerds and a social hot girl who lives across the hall. This is a good show for nerds as the nerd characters are really well written and have a lot of true nerdology to them. So if you consider yourself to be really nerdy or geeky then you should check out the show, otherwise don't bother.
For now that's good but stay tuned for more next week.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment