Monday, April 30, 2007

Night of the Living Marrieds

My high school buddies are where I tend to look when it comes to singledom. I always expected college friends to go off and get married, but luckily I still had the high school buds to go to when I needed the singledom. So when most of my friends from freshman year got married I wasn't surprised, then the people I was good friends with from my recent ward and the summer ward, again not as surprised. But then it goes back to the high school buddies. I'd say on a good day we can get a group together of about 10-12 of us and sure like all groups we have little off shoots, and even someone getting married but it's never felt like the majority until recently. WiL was the first one married and gone. He left for Indiana. Then went Gary and then Steve. Both of them were ones I just sort of expected. But now this summer we've got three couples going into the married life. Which as far as the Provo contingent leaves just me and one other guy. Now you might say they're not dead in married life, but so far each of my friends minus Patrick have dissappeared when in relationships, they're hangout ability score has dropped a good 40 to 50%. Which I'm certain will drop when actually married as has been the case with the other married people. Then there's the factor of one possibly two of them moving out of state. I've always been on seacrhes for new friends in part because I just like having lots of friends but also as a precaution for something like this.

So though it's exciting having friends get married, it's also sad in a way losing friends to marriage. Good luck all you crazy people.

1 comment:

Yarjka said...

We can still gchat!