It's not a mystery that in the overall scheme of things, I'm not good with money. But it's when I get screwed that I really get ticked off. I'm close to getting screwed right now and all I can do is wait and hope I don't. On my mission I learned how to live without money, and I can do it quite easily now, I know how to go weeks without spending a dime. In some areas of my mission such as Machias, it was a very small place in terms of everything except geography. Only two yellow blinking lights in the whole area, 4800 square miles. No stoplights. Branch of 20 people, well because of this we had about 2-3 meals a week from outside sources. Other then that we had to pay for ourselves and we got an allowance of 128 dollars a month. Well when there's only one grocery store for 60 miles they can charge 5 dollars for a gallon of milk and you have to buy it cause you aren't going to drive 120 miles just to get a gallon of milk for half that price. Anyways, point of that is, I would usually be out of money after the first two shopping days. So I got really good at not spending money.
This ability has carried over to now, however on the other side of things, when I have money I tend to spend it. Now here's where my current troubles come up. I've overdrafted on my debit card about a month ago, apparently I had gone to the gas station and had gotten some gas so I could go to work. Well one gas statement hadn't gone through for about 2 weeks and decided on that day to go through, so I was over 1 dollar and they stamped on a 40 dollar overdraft fee. So now as for today, I'm getting screwed again, I'm supposed to be paid about somewhere around 500 dollars today for my job, if not more then that. But when I checked my account last night at about 12:30, I had a balance of 30 dollars in there. I didn't have enough gas to get to work this morning and I looked through my expenses and I didn't have anything pending, well this morning I put 12 dollars of gas into my car, thinking I'd still be fine, and knowing that I was getting paid today, well as I check my account, what do I see, I am over one dollar and 48 cents, because something that hadn't appeared until last night at about 2 am which I got nearly 3 weeks ago, took my available balance to 10.50, and when I put in 12.00 I am now over 1.48. I have three dollars in my wallet and can easily go over and give them the money and I'll be fine, however I don't go on break until 10:40. So I have to hope they process my 500 dollars before they process the negative dollar or else I'll get another 40 dollar fee and likely get my account revoked. So to say I'm panicing and literally can't do anything for the next couple hours is an understatement, please oh please banks, I know you love to screw me over, but please don't do it this time.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah, the mission and it's penury. Good times.
Hopefully, you'll be back in the black soon.
Post a Comment