
Do The Right Thing, a Spike Lee Joint from 1989. This movie deals with racism quite a bit, but not just racism against black people, but racism against Chinese, Italians and a bunch others featured in the film. It takes place on a street in Harlem and introduces a lot of good characters. This was the second time I had seen this movie, the first time being a couple of years ago. This movie definatly helped Spike lee get on the map. I really like it personally but wouldn't recommend it to all. If you're fine with the launguage that would go on, on a street in Harlem, then I'd say you'd be fine. Overall I give it four out four stars.

He Got Game, a Spike Lee Joint from 1998. This movie shows the rise of the high schoo basketball star Jesus and his father being able to come out of prison to talk him into going to Big State College. I liked most of the movie but the problems I had with it were thusly. The soundtrack ditracted from the movie quite a bit, when ever they played basketball, it had very heart wrenching type classical music, which made you focus more on the music then on what was actually going on. Also it had a side story about a hooker that was really confusing. The biggest problem was each character would turn shameful just when you thought they were the one you could trust and none of the characters really had any redeeming value which sort of took away from what they were trying to portray with the movie. Which was too bad. Overall 3 out of 4 stars.

The new Dukes of Hazzard was just a no brainer movie that I watched because my friend gave it to me and I didn't really want to think too hard. It definatly lived up to my expectations of being a bad movie, because sometimes you just feel like watching a bad movie. The coolest part was the General Lee flying onto the freeway of traffic. They did that part quite well. If you do want to see the movie, just watch the regular version, my friend gave me the unrated version which was unrated to to their addition of boobies. Don't get excited though guys, not Jessica Simpsons (you'd be surprised how many people have asked me that). Overall I'd give it 1 1/2 our of 4 stars.

The new Fantastic Four movie. This was the second time I watched it, because I did enjoy it the first time. But I do attribute it to my major movie flaw that I will love anything Marvel gives me since I'm a huge Marvel fan. I didn't enjoy it as much the second time because it could have used a lot more action and less characterization. I know that's an awful thing to say, but they didn't have good characterization, so they could have used less of that. I'd put it just above Elektra and Captain America on my favorite marvel movies lists. If you've seen either of those you'll feel sorry for F4 for not getting higher a better one. Overall I give it 2 out of 4 stars. But I do like it.

The Monster Hunter starring David Carradine from 1999, also know as Natural Selction. You might know David Carradine from playing Bill in the Kill Bill movies. My high school buds got on a huge Carradine kick and went to watch all his movies and this was one of them. This movie has little to do with the Monster Hunter as the title suggests and more to do with catching a killer. What's weirdest about this movie is how absurd it is, every character is so completely absurd and definatly made to be that way, that you find yourself laughing at things you really probably shouldn't. If you want to watch a movie that'll completely throw you brain for a loop and make you reevaluate your life, then this is a good one to watch. David Carradine himself was simply hilarious as the bumbling Monster Hunter. I woudn't recommend this to pretty much anyone that will read this, maybe one or two of you could get away with it if you really wanted. Overall i give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4.

I watched this new version of King Kong yesterday. Oh my did it feel like a long movie. The movie started at 10:45 in the morning and we got out of the theater at 2 pm. Peter Jackson sure does like making long movies. I can see why he would want to make this movie though, he likes making movies where he can make long amazing shots and showing really cool action scenes, and if you want to sit through 3 and a half hours then it definatly delivers. This was a very good visual piece, it could almost have been a silent movie, especially near the last half. I really didn't like the fact that they really really badly wanted you to feel the love that the girl had for the monkey. They stare at each other loving for a good half hour. I wouldn't recommend this movie unless you're watching it in a group setting where people are willing to talk through parts of the movie and make jokes. Cause then they'll all shut up when the cool scenes come up. Overall I give this one 3 out of 4 stars.
1 comment:
I so agree on Fantastic Four comments. I really do like it, but if I try to break it down to why, I have troubles. I think it must just be because it's Marvel. It's the Fantastic Four. It's not the best movie in the world (nowhere near up to Batman Begins--in my humble opinion), but it's not bad either.
From what I hear there's going to be a second one, so hopefully your wish will be fulfilled--more action, less exposition.
Post a Comment