For those that know me really well, they can all tell you that I'm quite absent minded. For instance yesterday I was thinking the whole day that Saule was going to be at Poetasters and I should bring the copy of Wizard People for him, I was thinking this up until I saw it in front of me and could have picked it up, but what did I do? I drove on over to Poetasters, got out of my car and realized it was not with me, a usual occurence for me, so I drove back and got it. I went to my parents house for dinner on sunday and as I was going for seconds withh my plate in my left hand, I looked down at the table and grabbed another fishcake with my fork. I was ready to put it in the plate when I noticed my plate was not on the table like I thought it was. I asked my mom if she had taken my plate until I realized it was in my left hand. Oh silly me, happens all the time. I forget if I've taken my heartburn medication a minute after taking it and will often take it again. These sort of things happen to me day in a day out, all the time. It almost makes me paranoid, such as when I have valubles in my car, I'll lock the door, walk across the parrking lot then I'll think, "Did I lock the door?" so I'll have to go back and check otherwise it'll bug me the entire time I'm doing whatever I'm doing. Well this past week I had one of the longest and most incredibly odd absent minded moments of my entire existence. Last night I was feeling really sick, it was a very queasy feeling as if I had just swallowed a live skunk whole. But my good friend Huntsman had called and said he wanted to go eat somewhere, plus he was paying since he just got a paycheck. The only thing I could think of that I could eat would be either a subway sandwich or a chicken salad. Well we went to subway and I was deciding whether I'd get a meal or not, as I was looking at the sodas I thought, I should probably have water... ... ...
Wait a second... ... ...
And suddenly it hit me, why I've been sick and my biggest absent minded blunder ever...
I hadn't drunken water in over a week. What? You just don't do that. But somehow, I just had. I mean, I had tiny amounts when I brushed my teeth, and I had a gulp or two at church, but that's about it. Now I am a water connoisseur, I love water. On my mission I made sure to drink about 8 glasses a day and I very rarely got sick. But because of this, there are sometimes flavors of water that I can't stand. Such as the water in my current apartment. Now usually when I have bad water, I'm fine with just getting a carton of water from somewhere else, but my engaged roommate is a Nazi when it comes to the Fridge. If he sees something in there that doesn't really have a purpose to be in there, he'll just get rid of it, unless it's his of course. So I've tried to use the fridge as little as possible. So lately I've been drinking a lot of milk and a lot of soda, but no water. Blimey. So i had the subway sandwich and a whole lot of water, and wouldn't you know it, I felt better.
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
holy cow, no water in a week?! Jeez! I too am a water fiend, and I can't stand some water flavors. I'm glad that you said that, though. So many people are like "it's just water! it all tastes the same!" No! no it does not!! Yeesh.
I should give you a liter bottle. I have three that I carry around with me all the time. I looove my liter bottles.
.
Congratulations on the big one oh oh.
You're making me thirsty.
Post a Comment