Monday, April 25, 2005

Arrested for playing steal the flag?

So I had a crazy weekend. It was nuts. I have quite a bit to tell but I think I'll only tell about the game of steal the flag which was played. A friend of mine invited me to play steal the flag on saturday night. We got a good 7 on 7 game played in between Centenial Middle School and Rock Canyon Elementary School. The funny thing about this game was cell phones were suddenly used quite a bit. It was amazing, almost everyone had a cell phone, and they were amazing tools for the game. I had to leave at the beginning to get a coat but by the time I came back my team had caught 4 people form the other team and we still had 7. I talked to one of my teammates and he said that they had more players however because some girl showed up. So I was on defense and near the jail when (Bob) was on his cell phone, and I suddenly heard him say "Turn off your lights." I looked around and saw a car turn their lights off in the parking lot and recognized the car as Bob's girlfriend's car, we'll call her Sally. So I started walking towards the car when I heard Bob tell Sally to pull out and drive around the block. Now obviously we hadn't set rules about cars and suddenly they had a car. I wasn't cool with this. So a couple of minutes later most my team went for their flag and suddenly the car pulls back in the parking lot. It starts driving towards the jail and I jump in front of it. She sees me in her sights but doesn't slow down, so when she gets to me, she does start to slow down and I smack her hood. Then I ran to her door, opened it up and tagged her. Right after I tagged her Bob touches the car and runs off, I yell to him that I tagged the car and he says I didn't even though he saw it and he grabs the flag and runs over to his side. I figured our team had already gotten the flag since there was so much more time, but still I was pissed. I start walking to the safe zone in the middle of the battlefield when Bob comes back Screaming at me that I broke the law. I broke an entering to touch his girlfriend just like someone trespassing in someone's house. I come back with telling him it was just a game and that I physically tagged her before he even touched the car and he saw me hit the car before he did, he comes back with the fact that I didn't have the power to tag her on the car but because he was on her team it would count for him. We got into a huge argument because he was being a putz. Well we come to find out that my team hadn't found the flag because they brought back five (FIVE!) decoy flags and apparently hadn't brought back the real flag that was underneath rocks. But our one flag in easy accessable eye sight was taken back by a guy who was technically still in jail and I could be charged with attempted rape charges. Well obviously this friendly game of steal the flag hadn't turned out quite the way I thought it would. Luckily I've known Sally for 6 years or so and know she wouldn't have me arrested although I guess technically she really could. Later Bob called me up apologizing for being a jerk and everything was fine. But ti's funny because when I get together with this group I realize after everything goes into controversy that this happens every time we get together.

So we all went back to someone's house and played some of the funniest games of Mafia that I've ever played. Everyone was on the floor laughing and it worked so well. I alsoplayed four hours of frisbee that day and got sunburnt. So it was a good day.

Current cd in cd player - U.S. Crush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geeze...that was a crazy game of Capture the Flag. I love playing that game, but it's been so long since I have. Sad!