Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Will Survive

I saw someone in the library today that reminded me of a time a couple of weeks ago. I had been invited to this killer music party where a bunch of people were going to play instruments and such. So I combed out my afro put on my orange moxie shirt, My red "Sean John" Sweatpants* and my bright blue suit jacket. I went to the party knowing I didn't know any musical instruments, however I had a couple of aces up my sleeve. When I first got to the mike I pulled out my crowd inspiring version of "I will survive" which had all the girls crying at the end. Then a little later I pulled out my raping skills and jammed off all the lyrics to "rapper's delight"

It was definatly a fun experience but there was this freshman girl that came up to me afterwards and asked me how I learned to rap, and how I should do it professionaly. It was so weird to have some hot girl telling me I should be the next Eminem. I saw her in the library today but since I cut my hair she didn't recognize me, how sad.

*I got the "Sean John" sweatpants at a white elephant gift thing on my mission and when it was unveiled a bunch of "cool" elders said, "Those are Sean Johns! How Sweet!" I had no idea what they were talking about, but they were huge and dang comfortable so I ended up with them. I guess now I'm cool for wearing red sweat pants with a small SJ on the left leg.

So there it is. Should I become a professional rapper?

1 comment:

tiblittle said...

Abso-floggin-lutely!