Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Talent Shows

I went to a campout last weekend where a talent show took place. The camp was at a really creepy place called "Zion's Camp" where there were different church sites miniaturized into little things. For instance you could go do archery at the Sacred Grove. Weee!

I've always been awesome at low key talent shows, and this one was no exception. If only talent shows were lauded by critics then I'd have something to go on. But for this talent show I got up and with a Where's Waldo book, I found Waldo. I did it on three pages.

It went over amazingly well, but what is usually the worst part of doing a talent show is that afterwards everyone who sees you refers to you as the defining characteristic of the talent. Like if I do "I will survive" I become I will survive guy. This time I became "Waldo". Thing is there is a good portion of the population who have no idea they are being dinks, take for instance a random passing, "Hey Waldo, where's your Waldo clothes?"

To this type of person I decided to destroy the dream for, "Can I tell you a secret? In my act I never did find Waldo, it was all a lie."

For those who actually paid attention to my name and said, "Hey Jon, I really liked your talent," I replied, "Thanks, I actually did find him, it was an enjoyable experience."

So be careful dinks of the world, I am out to destroy your dreams.

1 comment:

G.C.C. said...

You did destroy my dreams, but then I reinvented them, only with more colors and less pixelation.