It's been a long time coming but in the past week I have realized that I no longer enjoy one of the blogs in my reader. I won't say who's it is obviously but it's not yours. (I am fairly certain the person never checks my blog). This person posts a lot and never says anything of which I find to be interesting, in fact as time has gone on I've become more dejected for writing style and writing content of said blog. However, the problem lies in the feelings of doing such a thing. Deleting said blog from my reader feels like a permanent thing, I am fully acknowledging that this person has no more place in my life. Of course this person has never really had place in my life but it still feels like I am betraying something or someone unknown. Perhaps they were to find out, a possible conversation between me (J) and (T)hem could go thusly.
T: I understand you deleted me from your reader.
J: Yes but you must understand, your life is no longer relevant in my scope of understanding.
T: Is a ladybug not still relevant to it's surroundings even if it does not touch the trees.
J: See if you wrote about that I would still tune in.
Thus we see the foils of mankind. Being able to add or delete friends on a whim. But do know that when it comes to judgement I will be able to say, "I thought it through, and I have deleted you with purpose, for it was right in mine eyes."
T: Thanks Jerk Face.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's a tough choice. I think it's ok to delete that from your reader. Besides, it's not like people get a "you're not in 3M's reader anymore" message. How would they know if you hardly visit anymore anyway and usually would have read via a reader? (You're positive it's not me?)
Thank you for not deleting me.
Post a Comment