Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Day I Never Ate

I find it interesting how I have all opposite problematic situations as everyone else. For instance people will say, "I only got 4 hours of sleep and then I did non-stop school for 20 hours." Where as I will say "I got 13 hours of sleep and missed my classes." Well here's a new one, and it's not really a problem but I know people will read it and say, "What? How can that even happen? But remember, I'm a weirdo.

So I forgot to eat yesterday. I just forgot about it. I got sick on sunday so I didn't want to eat much but I did eat some salad. So on monday I had some more salad and a sandwich or two. Well I wake up Tuesday and I just go through the day, and I forget to eat, and I never get around to it, it's not long it was ever on my mind, it just never came up, until I went to bed. I woke up this morning and realized I hadn't consumed anything for about 24 hours. I think I had some of my water bottles and I know I took my medicine, but I didn't eat any food all day Tuesday. Funny thing is I wasn't really hungry, this morning I woke up and I wanted to fall back asleep but I couldn't because my stomach wouldn't allow it, not the hungry moans but more of a, "Hey, food is what you need to live, and if you ever want to sleep again, you'll put some food in your stomach."

So I watch tv shows to go to bed, and whatever tv show I'm watching becomes parts of my dreams. Because of this I've started ranking television shows based solely on sleepablility. Certain shows produce really good dreams and certain shows make really bad dreams. And it is a much different scale then actually watchability. The top five shows currently for dreamability are

5. The Critic
4. Mr. Show
3. Coupling
2. South Park
1. The Adventures of Pete and Pete

But then on the flip side the top five worst television shows to go to bed to

5. The Tick
4. Boston Legal
3. Dragonball
2. Smallville
1. Scrubs

I like Scrubs, but I doubt I'll go to bed with it ever again.

6 comments:

Claire said...

That's not too weird. I do that all the time if I'm stressed out or busy thinking about other things. Actually I'm not a very good gauge for whether or not it is weird, am I? :)

Yarjka said...

I, too, have failed to consume a food product in a day's time. It's not even that uncommon of an event. However, I'm much more likely to eat too much in a day than too little. I pretty much am always in the mood to snack on some sort of treat, be it healthy or not. That said, water is still the best beverage known to man, and carrots are an amazing natural snack.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, carrots are amazing, yarjka.

And thanks, 3M. Wish you could have made it. Life is great.

John D. Moore said...

I'll never be able to comprehend your internal schedules. My body has never allowed me more than 10 hours of sleep at a time (and if I could remember them all, I'm sure I could count them on two hands) and I can't imagine I could get away with waiting any longer than five o'clock to eat something (I've been missing the occasional breakfast lately and by noon, my body is absolutely bitching at me).

I used to try the whole watching-TV-shows-to-go-to-sleep thing, but I can't do it. I get too interested, even if I've seen it before. And then I end up watching more episodes and going through a disc in its entirety.

Is there any more to the story of why you won't watch "Scrubs" as a bedtime story ever again?

Anonymous said...

Haha, forgot to eat? Craziness. I could never.

I can only imagine how interesting your dreams might be . . . just learn how to control them and then you can have some fun!

Th. said...

.

The only time skipping meals ever bothers me is on the first Sunday of the month.

What's up with that?