Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ho Ho Ho

Thanks for the comments to the last post, they were all good advice, though the funny thing is, everyone seems to have missed the point, I know I didn't give one, but both of those circumstances were harmless hypothetical situations, and were from what I thought good representations of the actual point but I can see now should have been less vague. So for another example which ties in to the other other two.

Suppose you're a hunter, and you shoot both deer and pigeons. And you know of two stores, one of which will pay for dead pigeons the other for deer hides. They both pay the same amount, they're both the same distance away but you just can't make it to both stores in the same day. Do you give up the deer to sell the pigeons or do you give up the pigeons to sell the deer. You want to get both done because you really like shooting both pigeons and deer and neither one of them are a bad choice for this made up hypothetical world. So you decide you want to get both done and you're not willing to sacrifice one to gain the other. You need to do both. What do you do?

More to the point I was trying to get at, I used actual events that were possible to make it more realistic for people to imagine, but alas sent across the wrong messages. So don't worry everyone, it's not a big deal, basically it's like saying I want have my kayak and heat it too. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. You can't do both at once, and if you feel like you HAVE to, you'll probably become paralysed with anxiety and not do anything. That's what I think.

Th. said...

.

You certainly are mysterious....











(what if you wanted everyone to understand what you meant and not understand what you meant at the same time.....)

Anonymous said...

Are you having an identity crisis? Be a girl! It's okay...don't resist your natural urges. You can wear those ladies pantyhose dangit! Did I get the message right this time? I knew it! I'm a genius!