Thursday, July 06, 2006

Weight Loss and HAM



So, in the past 3 months I have lost a total of 30 pounds. That's right, I'm losing weight, now I seem to end up losing about 30 pounds every summer and then in the winter I gain it back. I hope to be able to capitalize this time and keep it down. Now what do I attribute my weight loss this time to? Kirkland Brand immitation slim fast shakes! Costco has these great slim fast type shakes which I will admit now is actually quite filling. I don't feel like eating after having one which is a very odd sensation for me. They do taste alright and I actually do enjoy them from time to time. But that's the only thing I can think of that is keeping my weight down. Well plus the fact that of most people I know I can fluxuate weight much more then the average human. I'm just that cool I know. So the direct result is I find that these shorts I'm currently wearing are falling down a lot. No longer can I pull of the skater punk look as it's gone past being able to ride on the hips. Now it just falls. And that's no good.

In other news I am very very happy about Steve's idea to have a writing group. I've been really surprised to find how many of the guys in the group actually write stuff. But the thing I like the most about it is it gives me insentive to write my novel. And because of this, in the past two weeks I've written up to 15 pages and have 4 basic chapters down. I seem to find that the way I write is like a mixture of a novel and a screenplay. I don't like writing in screenplay format but the general feel almost feels like a screenplay. I've also found that I'm good at getting the general point across. I can see why most people say they go through a couple revisions. This first draft is definatly that, a draft. But so far I am pleased with how much I've been able to write and general consensus of how it's been recieved. I seem to be the only one writing this kind of story which does feel refreshing. I think it the best format my novel would eventually be found in would be a graphic novel or a comic book of sorts. But anyways, we'll see. I think I'll go ahead and post some of my story on here, or at another location which I will link to. Then I would hope that any of you who read this, might give some comments on it. But we'll get to that when it comes up.

And on a last note. I really love my job.

3 comments:

Saule Cogneur said...

Sometimes, life is just good. Enjoy it.

Th. said...

.

FOB was the best thing that ever happened to my writing life. Totally go for the writing group.

Redoubt said...

So wait, a writing group where people read each other's stuff and give intelligent, useful critiques? If so, sign me up!