
I've found that I've never ever been able to sleep normally. I just can't sleep like normal people. My problems with sleeping come in wide varieties and they are always looked upon by others with shock and awe. I remember people in high school telling me they usually got about four hours of sleep a night. I have never been able to do that. When I wake up after four hours my body does this weird thing where it takes control of my mind and tells the Brain, "I am still tired, and I will go back to sleep, and if you don't agree with me, well you can just deal with it, cause I'm in control of this ship and there's nothing you can do about it." So back to sleep I go, even if there's some place I need to be. See my problem is I always get too much sleep. Now when I tell people this they wish they could do what I do, but to that I reply "NO! You do not! Believe me, it's not awesome!" My freshman year of college I averaged about 15-17 hours of sleep a night. My body will literally go into a comatose (comatoast? (Yes!)) state. Unless I have an alarm to wake me, and sometimes even then I'll stay asleep for that long. My longest time without being sick was 22 hours. Now maybe if it was a problem where I overslept and got 10 hours, then it would be fine, but this is 3/4ths of a day.

Luckily though, I don't really have to deal with that as much any more. Now since I have so much to do, I will get about 8 hours of sleep except on occasion where I end up getting around 12, which was the case on saturday. Last night, I tried to get only 5 hours of sleep, because I wanted to wake up to go to Literary Society (Sorry guys, I just can't remember what the official title is), but I could not wake up and missed it to get my body's required 8 hours of sleep.
If this was not bad enough, I have incredibly vivid dreams, I can remember each of my dreams after waking from them. Even coming to the point where my dreams will wake my up and I'll be very disoriented. Now believe me when I say I have very weird dreams. They never make any sense, yet are incredibly vivid.
Now it really isn't all that bad and I do like complaining. But really I just wish we didn't have to do this sleep thing, I have too many things I want to do. And I hate missing events because I had to sleep.
In other news I'm teaching my ward's Gospel Doctrine class next week. So th. I know you've been waiting anxiously, but soon it may happen that I will do a Mango Svithe.

1 comment:
That's interesting. Lunkwill and I, when left to our own devices, sleep between 10-15 hours a night. Every night. Fortunately, I can get up after 6 hours, when I need to. I used to be able to get up after 4, but that doesn't happen anymore unless I've been getting enough sleep and/or I totally need to get up.
For what it's worth, there are lots of good things that happen when you get enough sleep, so it might be good for you (at least health-wise) that you have to get enough sleep. I'm sure it's a pain, but you probably have less acne and you might even live longer!
Post a Comment