Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pickiness

My pickiness has been called into question by one Rachel and she seems to think that she is pickier then I. So I will now classify how I am picky and we'll see how she or any of you others can dispute your ligitamacy in the pickiness war. So here we go.

1. I do not like anything sour.

If it's sour, I do not like it. Pickles are out, sour candy, anything containing vinegar. Now there are slight exceptions, Wendy's makes a good honey mustard that tastes more of honey then other honey mustards. I like that kind of honey mustard. Another thing that is sour are the berry family. I do not like raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or cherries. I do like jams of each but not pies. Though I do like blueberry pie but that's because of my mission and being in the area that produces most of the blueberries in the world.

2. I do not like anything spicy.

This includes Hot foods. Now I don't mean hot as in cooked and it's warm out of the oven. No, I mean I don't like medium salsa because it's too strong for me. I can't handle spice, and yet people seem to love it, I just can't figure it out.

3. I do not like anything Tart and/or Tangy

This can go in the same catergory as sour, but some might see somethings in this catergory that they wouldn't in others.

4. I do not like anything bitter.

Some people seem to like to damage their taste buds with bitter foods. I just do not like them.

5. I do not like anything Italian.

Now this is a bit off because any time I say this someone asks, "well how about pizza?" And i have to say, yes, I do like american pizza, but I dislike Italian Pizza. Have you ever had true italian pizza? It's so very loaded with tomato. Basically I don't like anything with tomato in it, which is basically everything italian. I like that white sauce, so I'll eat stuff with that, as long as I have salt.

6. I do not like anything European.

I usually say this after Italian because people often think of Italian as it's own catergory, but I basically don't like any European foods. Name it I probably don't like it. Especially German. I very much dislike it because it's all about vinegar and really greasy meat.

7. I do not like breakfast foods.

Now this isn't as strong. I do like on occasion pancakes and/or waffles, but usually I can only have them once every three months. I don't like hash browns at all. I don't like sausage. I'm not a big fan of eggs.

8. Desserts

I have to be careful with this one because I do like a lot of desserts, but the following deserts I do not like. Any type of fruit pie (This includes apple and pumpkin). I do occasionally as I said before like blueberry pie. Cheesecake. I do not like cheesecake in any form. Carrot cake. No good. Most birthday cakes. Occasionally I like birthday cake. Tortes.

Now after all that there's gotta be something I do like. Well yes, I like most meats. I like most vegetables. I like most beans. And I love seafood. Now some would say because I like seafood I'm not picky because everyone hates seafood. Well, I still have a lot there I don't like. Basically if you give me anything Asian, I like it. Also Brazilian, that's not too spicy. And anything from the ocean or a lake. So there you have it.

5 comments:

tiblittle said...

...wow. I never knew the list was that extensive. Congratulations.

Berkeley G. said...

I don't think you're that picky. I'm worse: I will only eat breakfast foods that are not sweet, like eggs, etc. The only meat I eat is chicken or shrimp--I hate steak, fish, etc. I despise sour stuff also, and when I eat Chinese I ask for the Sweet and Sour Chicken without the sour sauce. I also don't drink milk (only fat free and only in cereal, otherwise I hate the taste) or orange juice. See, now you don't feel so bad...right?

Laulau said...

I think you're the pickiest. When I was little, all the kids got to choose one food item we didn't have to eat. I chose "meat." She said that was too vague, so I went with "seafood (freshwater creatures included)". But, I still never ate meat (or eggs) until I grew up. Turns out I'm not really that picky, my mom was just a not-so-good cook.

Unknown said...

< fully unrelated comment> much belated but super sincere thanks (again) for lending your music to a complete stranger. huzzah for herbie hancock! < /fully unrelated comment>

John D. Moore said...

After you told me about this, I came on here all expecting to be like "Word, dude, y'all ain't got nothin' on me" (cleaned up because I think your audience is largely BYU students). However, after reading this, I'm feeling rather open-minded. Though I expect you like more vegetables than I do.