I had quite the week this week. I saw three movies, which I'll start on now.
Brick - Very intriguing movie. It looks like the real world but it's definatly a made up world. If you want to see a movie that will make you think during the movie then go see this one. The most interesting thing about this movie is how tame it is, there is no swearing, no sex, very little violence but it's a dark movie. It's R rated and I think it should be, because it really doesn't feel like it could pass for PG-13, but if you went based solely on the subjects it would be PG-13. For once I think the MPAA made a very good call on this movie. For that alone if nothing else you should see this movie. If you're fine with R rated movies of course.
A Scanner Darkly - I really didn't like this movie. The animation was really cool, but if you have low blood pressure, be careful as it may make you dizzy as it did me. There were so many scenes which really didn't have any barring on the story and though you could tell what was going on, it didn't really have a point. The part that really just made me feel weird was the fact that the nudity in the movie seemed like the only reason why it was in there was so that the animators could animate breasts. There was really no need for it. Overall very low, and not recommended.
Wordplay - Wow! A documentary about Crossword puzzles which really draws you in and really entertains you. I'm amazed at how good this was. They start off giving you information, but not too much, a good amount, then they give you a story and it really gets into it. I've had a lot of looks from people when I say this is highly recommended but believe me, you will not be dissappointed by this movie. If you've ever enjoyed a crossword puzzle you'll like this movie. Go see it! I have nothing bad to say about this movie.
---------------------------
I went up to Salt Lake City almost every day this week. I drove so much it was crazy. Also we had a good edition of "The Magical Science Club" our weekly writing group. This was my first time not bringing something but as I've spent so much time away from my computer (including work computer as I missed a couple days this week). I'm up to 6 chapters in my book and I'm really happy with it. I went and saw Ween in concert this week, it was really quite good.
---------------------------
I was teaching Gospel Doctrine today and there was this one guy who kept making comments and I was trying to place why I knew him for the longest time and then half way into teaching I suddenly had it, he looked exactly like "Arnie, The Strongest Man in the World" from the show "The Adventures of Pete and Pete".
---------------------------
I got a co-worker for the graveyard shift, cause they wanted someone who could do fiche all night. So it's weird having a second person. It's not too bad though. It's a little more cramped in here.
---------------------------
I was hoping to say something interesting, but couldn't think of anything.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment