I've recently become a poker addict. It's true. I've always been a addict of most card games, those that know me well, know that at any moment I am completely game to play hearts. Spades and Rook are included in that as well. I just love card games. I also really like board games. The thing I really like about poker are tournaments. The thing being that it's not really a game about the cards but how you bet them and how you use the money to your advantage. Now I've been playing internet poker for about a month now, and when I posted about getting 84th place, that was pretty good. Ever since I haven't done as well and just sorta play for the fun of it. Well a couple of days ago pokerroom.com which is the site I play on (Because it's the only one that is mac compatible) suddenly decided that for an entire month they would not allow people to play unless they have money in their account. I was a bit pissed, but thought, I do like these tournaments, and hey, it's like a sign up fee. So I did it, I put in the minimum amount which is ten bucks. Well that couldn't have come at a better time. Why? Well, today I was playing my best tournament, and that is pot limit Omaha. For those that aren't familiar with Pot Limit Omaha, it is slightly different from No Limit Hold Em. In No Limit games you can bet as much money as you want, doesn't matter. With Pot Limit, the maximum amount you can bet is how much is in the Pot. Hold Em gives you two cards and then there are five cards on the table. In Omaha, you are given 4 cards, BUT you can only use two of them and there are five cards on the table. It's easier to lose in Omaha and that's why I like it more then Hold Em. Well today I got 15th place. Which is pretty good for having only played a month or two. I won 3 bucks! Woo! With this three bucks I plan on spoiling myself by going to FYE and finding some dvd which through my discounts I can find for about 3 bucks and buy that. Then I can say poker bought me this dvd. It'll probably end up being the movie "One Night At McCool's" which is a decent movie and I think it would be a cool movie to own, and it is only 3 bucks there.
So I'm happy because I really just enjoy the whole game, I played for free, and got a couple bucks out of it.
Oh, and I did all of this while at work, I have the best job ever. It's funny too, because I would have to turn away from the game while I was actually working, which helped me out a lot too because I wouldn't play those hands and people would go out while I couldn't play.
But it was amazingly hard to get even that far, and I did get out with a really good hand that I thought I might win, but the cards wouldn't have it. Still I'm happy with my 15th place. I don't suspect I'll ever get 1st, but it's still a fun game to play. Now we'll have to see if I can do my homework when the semester comes, if not, I'll have to ban myself from poker altogether. Heh. We'll see.
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mmm Poker...
Post a Comment