So for those who are not aware, I'm living the summer months in the basement of my parents new home in Woodland Hills Utah. My parents built this place just about a month or two ago so it's really new and sturdy. Also in other big news I started working on Monday. I got a job with Discovery Academy, it's a troubled Teens Boarding School and I'm a mentor there, I'm going to stay there until I have some sort of job with UVSC's film program, one of the guys in charge told me when someone graduates he'll let me know and I'll probably be able to get a job in the editing bay. Now the really sweet things about living here with my parents are as follows. The internet is awesome, we have the fastest connection I've ever had. I was able to download 25 episodes of an anime series in only about 2 hours, it was crazy. Also since having a good internet connection I was able to do a much needed music finding day, I got a whole bunch of stuff and am currently listening to it now, the one that's the most surprising is Jem, I really like her stuff. And I'm not the type to like girl artists. Another good thing is having a satelitte and a nifty recording thing, much like tivo. There's a channel called Rave which is nothing but live concerts, so I just record them and watch them whenever, it's been really nice. I also like the solitude this place has, we're halfway up a mountain and have a killer view of the entire Utah Valley, also the stars are magnificent as there isn't a street light for miles.
The downsides are having no friends up here and having to wait until I'm in town to hang out with people. Also with gas prices how they are, I basically can only come into town when I have work. Since it's like this, I'm thinking about getting a place summer semester back in provo. But it's still up in there, right now, I don't want to make any desicions.
I've had a lot of thoughts to write about over the past month or two, so since I'm in suclusion up here, I'll probably write them all down at some point.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats on the new job and place! I've been wondering about you. Where even is Woodland Hills?
.
Jem is high on my list of musthearmores. But then, I totally dig chick artists.
I was one of those troubled teens in Disovery Academy in 94-95. Best of luck. Once or twice a year they take the lev4 students to Lake Powl or Dino National Park. Lake Powl is a fun trip if you get to go.
Post a Comment