Monday, January 23, 2006

Worst TV Show Ever

I admit, every once in a while I watch MTV. I got addicted to the Real World early on in life and still enjoy it from time to time. Well I turned it to MTV the other day and found the worst TV show ever. Now MTV has made some horrible tv shows focused around dating. Next is all about first appearances and impressions and if anything goes slightly wrong you are nexted and sent off. There's also a show called Room Raiders where you are picked based purely on how your room looks. Then there is also one in which you are picked based on your musical abilities. Now I had thought that you couldn't get any worse then Date My Mom, which is one where a guy goes on a date with three moms and must pick the girl based on the mother. But alas, I was wrong. The newest dating MTV show is called My Own. My Own takes stalking to a whole new level. Some girl gets on and says she wants some celebrity like Kanye West or Justin Timberlake. Then six guys come onto the show trying to become this girl's own Kanye or Justin or whomever the girl feels like stalking at the time. The person is chosen based on how closely he can become this celebrity and then the girl can live in a pretend stalker world with a poor proxy. I watched a little of the Justin episode and noticed a Kanye episode the other day. All I know is, I'm sure glad I was in the Singled Out Generation.... Wow, we're all doomed.

2 comments:

Saule Cogneur said...

A-freaking-men. I saw one where the girls tried to be Hilary Duff. I was so horrified that I had to watch it for a full 3 minutes just to be sure I wasn't seeing things. MTV has hit a new low. (Most people wouldn't have thought it possible).

Though I will confess that I think "the Gauntlety Inferno 2.12" is alright.

JB said...

Um. Gross? Although, I still think the "makeover so you look like your favorite celebrity--plastic surgery included" reigns as the worst show ever. The Kanye-Hillary-Justin one comes in as a very close second, though. *shudder*