Monday, January 02, 2006

2006, The Year of my First Kiss

Alas, I have not had my first kiss. But I am proclaiming this year to be The Year of my First Kiss.

I had made a new year's resolution, and that was to hug more. I can safely say, I have already fulfilled that resolution.

I watched the first 6 episodes of Firefly three nights ago, and watched the last 9 last night. It was a good series, and I really enjoyed the characters.

New year's was a blast. We played poker for 5 hours, we started with 6, and it came down to two, me and Duchess. And through some stroke of amazing luck and also some skill, she beat me right at the end when she was very small stacked and came back to smack me in the face. Good work. Though, it does make me hungry for a rematch at some point. I definatly did learn though, that I need to fold quite a lot more, especially when there are a lot of people, I was small stacked all the way until four were left when I made a giant come back and then became very agressive. I think I may have been less agressive if we weren't all dying from lack of sleep. But still, she did beat me. Good game.

My most recent "Novel" is gaining some head way. Unfortunatly I've been quite distracted and haven't hit the computer much in the past two days. Probably in about half a month to a month, I'll be letting about five of you see what I have so far. My reasons for this, is because my Novel will be requiring help from people. So just be ready.

As I've determined at looking at my schedule, I'm going to have to add an extra two hours or so a night to being on the computer. Which means alas, less time to socialize, but as I know my first kiss will be coming at some point this year, I'm not too worried about it.

7 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

Congratulations in advance. :)

Krisling said...

Firefly! BEST. SERIES. EVAR. w00t w00t!

Thirdmango said...

Note: I think my current hug amount is up to about five or six. More then last year though.

Th. said...

.

1. First Katya and now you. I'm feeling I really missed the boat by not finishing my Firefly post and getting it up first. Crap.

2. My first kiss came at about your age and might be the biggest mitsake of my life. The second kiss was a couple months later and was part of perhaps the best evening of my single life.


3. What is this "novel" you speak of? A lot? And claim you'll be asking for help on? Show me the word count!

erin said...

That was seriously sheer luck. I don't know how that happened...

JB said...

Do I get to be a part of the 5 people you'd show it to? Do I, do I?? Please?

And hurray for your Year of The First Kiss. I hope it's a good one! ;)

Tolkien Boy said...

This is my year of the Significant Relationship. As opposed to previous years, which have not been insignificant.