I thought I'd write a little about some stories I've been working on. More so just so I can keep these ideas out there, but also for others to know what I'm working on.
But first I'd like to tell a sad tale. When I first got into writing it was something like 9 to 10 years ago, and it was all because of x-wars. For a link check my side bar. Because of x-wars I became a writer, and from it I've basically only written mutant type stories. That's where most of my ideas for stories come from is through super powers and such. Well the sad part of it is x-wars has officially died after my being with it for 10 years and it being alive for about 13 years or so. Through x-wars, two of it's members ended up getting married and they have a couple kids and I still keep in touch with them. The reason why it died was being as how it was message board type, the system completely wiped everything clean. Nobody had the gumption to keep going after a hit like that, plus it was on a steady decline the past year anyways. But that's where my two story ideas came from.
My first story is a mix between a pychological analysis and a prison story. It's basically about one mutant who had no control over himself for a number of years and killed many people. He's put in the highest security prison in the world, and he goes through a lot of self analysis. The other 5 main characters are the 5 mutants in the cells next to him. One to his right, one to his left, one in front of him and the two on either side of the one in front of him. There are four others that he can hear once in a while but usually he just hears about them from the ones he communicates with. There's a lot of back story to the story, from stories each of them say. I'm afraid I may never finish this one as I have no idea how it'll start or how to end it or how to make it into a recognizable story instead of just a whole heck of a lot of jumblings. Only two other people have read parts of the story, and it's basically gaurded up in my vault where no one can get at it.
The other one is my way of trying to write a comedic type mutant story. It's basically about one kid who desperatly wants to become am utant. He tries so many things, every day he tries to see if he can fly. Finally after a while he finds out his wish has come true, but in a really lame sort of way. His mutant power? He can unlatch things with his mind. That's all. Buckles are no match for his might and mind, especially since buckles can't fight back. He can also make your pants fall down, but only if you fastened them with a some sort of latching equipment. He finally finds that his power is useful since he can unlock doors. Then he goes out on a search to see if any of the super powered groups will hire him so that he can fulfill his dream of being on a super powered team. That's basically all I have for the story so far, but I find it to be promising.
Other then that I've been writing a lot of screenplays and hopefully will get to filming them, so just so you know, if you have a screenplay and want someone to film it and edit it, I'm your man.
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good grief, the spammers are everywhere.
You should turn one of your screenplays into a poem. I know of at least ten people who would like to hear it.
.
Nothing hurts more than losing work like that. I want to die when I think of the two novels I have lost....
Post a Comment