Friday, October 14, 2005

The Annual Rearrange

Everytime I come into a new apartment, the first thing I do is I visualize my stuff in the room and how it work out the best. Then I put it in that way that i've thought. However, after living there for about a month or two I end up rearranging my room to something more effective then i had orginally planned. Last night was that night when I finally do it. So my room is very much different. I'm not a big fan of the fact that I have a smaller room then I did last semester and the fact that I was paying less for it, but this landlord isn't evil so that's fine.

Speaking of rearranging, I called my dad today and asked him about some computer stuff, well it turns out that I can't do my film editing in his office after all. The plan was for me to be able to go in after ten and work most of the night, but he wasn't able to get permission for me to do that, so I would need to go in before ten, which might be fine besides the fact that my dad uses his office a lot. Which means I would be able to do 7 to 10 on weekdays and saturdays, which would mean I'd have to get rid of club meetings and socializing, and that would get rid of the whole purpose of me going to bed late. Since I do so much better on homework after I've socialized and know people are in bed, then I don't think about it, where as when they're ready to play and I'm not, I'll think about hanging out with them while trying to do my homework. It's a runaway train to failure. I know most of you are able to prioritze and say, I'll reward myself, I'll do my homework then I can play. But I can't function that way, I've never been able to function that way, I'll want the prize so much that it'll distract me from my homework and then I can never concentrate on it, however, if I do the prize first then I don't have to think about it any more and I can work on my homework. Anyways, so we thought, what are we going to do.

Now many of you have noticed me complaining at one time or another about my computer. It's an old school iMac, the first in it's class, right when Macs got their act together. However, being as how the computer systems upgrade pretty fast, my computer is now a dimwit of modern society. It can only handle internet explorer 5 and the highest MSN messenger it can handle is 2.0, which MSN doesn't even support anymore, so users of said messenger can no longer log on because MSN has abandoned them. My computer also has a busted cd drive, and so I can't put cds on my computer either, it can do the basic functions, but it does them slowly because it's growing old.

So in an effort to solve both these problems my family came up with a great solution. My dad was just appointed the job of Dean of Undergraduate Education at BYU. Basically he's the one that's in charge of all them GE classes you take. Higher position obviously means more money and since I'm going to UVSC next semester and will get free tuition, suddenly a little money can be used. So, for my birthday my parents are getting me a new computer which can handle the editing equipment. Now when I called my dad today he said he was going to pick up the computer tomorrow and it would be in my possesion by this weekend! My birthday is coming 2 months early. I've really become endebted to my parents, they are really helping me out with what I want to do, and I am really grateful for it. So in two days, I'll be able to put pictures on my blog! Do you know how much I've wanted to put pictures on my blog? But because of IE 5, Blogger doesn't give me that option that the rest of you get. Sad, ain't it. So you can look forward to my own edition of funny signs which I have plenty of, and a bunch more pictures since I'm so generous. In the future things will be rearranged.

2 comments:

Krisling said...

Yay for new computers! That's really awesome. Happy extremely early birthday.

I get distracted when I'm doing my homework at normal hours too. "What are my friends doing? Good grief this is boring, doesn't anyone want to hang out or something? Gaah I can't do my homework now. I'll have time to finish it before class in the morning." Yeah, right. Sigh.

SkyBluePink said...

Oooh, that's happy!