Friday, October 07, 2005

Gadzooks!

So, I am a little different when it comes to the majority of human beings when it comes to weather. I need it cold. I have a hard time doing anything in hot weather, I have a hard time falling asleep, I can't function normally. But give me a nice cold day and I feel good. Air conditiong calms my nerves. But if it gets too cold I can always put on a nother layer, where as when it's hot, I can't just get rid of a couple layers. So last night was one of the best nights of sleep ever because I was finally able to sleep with my blanket for the first time in months. And what happens today? I come into my room and my room is blisteringly hot, why? My roommates really cranked up the heat. So that's not too bad besides the fact that I don't want to pay a high heating bill, the worst part about it is, my heating vent won't shut. Oh mercy of mercies, how can this be?!? Why do I have to endure such evil? Nothing about this apartment has bugged me quite enough to the pint until tonight when I couldn't close it. Now heat is rushing in. I turned the heat off and opened my window as far as it could go, but even that won't help me tonight. Tonight, I'll have to sleep once again without my blanket. Oh horror of horrors. And now for something completely different.....

Bands that I've found out about in the past two weeks which I really like right now.

Of Montreal
Wildchild
K-Os
Mello-D and the Rados

That is all. Thank you for your time.

2 comments:

Krisling said...

Ugh, I know how that goes. I am loving this colder weather. When it snows, I get really suicidal and weird and I get in my car, turn on my air conditioner, and roll down my windows. Oh yes, my friend. That right there is the definition of frigidity. If frigidity doesn't have a different definition. Ahem.

Your vent won't shut? Are the closing-thingies bent or something? That sucks. To preserve your sanity this winter, I'd say to go buy a new one at Home Depot or Lowes, but I don't know how much they cost. Curses. Good luck though.

JB said...

I'm normally a bit cold and prefer the heat, but lately I've found a little bit of cold refreshing. This made it a bit frustrating this morning when, after I'd had a nice hot shower, my roommate decided to crank up the heat. I was blow-drying my hair in a warm bathroom with a heating vent blowing away at my feet. Grrrr.

For your vent (though you really didn't ask for advice), I suggest covering up your vent. It doesn't seem like a very bright idea, because it's blowing heat and all, but my family had a cousin living in our apartment above the garage thing and he had to cover his vents because he smoked and we were all hyper-sensitive to it. He never had a problem with it.