Monday, June 12, 2006

Soon

It is now paid for.

In just a few short days, you all will be able to bask in the glory that is "www.thirdmango.com", for now it has a temporary home at thirdmango.bombdotcom.net where you will be able to do nothing but see a little representation that my friend John has made. John being the webmaster over "hub.bombdotcom.net", where thirdmango will be done through. And it will be good.

So I have a connundrum. I'm currently working at Discovery Acadmey, that troubled teens boarding school that so runs my life. And as I have mentioned just a moment ago, it runs my life. I find myself only thinking about that place and how it has taken away my entire social life. I work MWF 3-11 pm. I've been desperatly trying and wanting a graveyard shift as all my problems would go away, I could do what I do now at night and get paid for it and my social life would come back from the depths. But I also have some openings coming up, I just had an interview for some place in Lindon to do their graveyard, which would be sweet, or I could move to the discovery ranch in Mapleton. The only reason I see for not leaving and I know this is really corny but I'm helpin' the kids out. I've already noticed it. It's pretty awesome. But it's come down to either the kids or me. Blast.

So yesterday at work, this kid named Eric, who had since I'd been there called me names, swore at me and hit me any time he saw me. Well I had to be in his dorm for like two hours while they cleaned up, he was especially frisky and wanted to fight. So he gave me one dead arm as I did nothing, then he went for the other arm, finally I got up, and turned to fight him. He got excited and told me to bring it. I went in with both my arms to grab him and he grabbed both my arms. So I stepped my leg in between his and moved forward, he tripped over my legs letting go of my left arm and so I swung my left arm around his neck and squeezed as I brought him to the ground. I asked him if we were done and he said yes. So I let go. Since then he was chipper and happy to see me. All I needed to do was beat him and then he'd show me respect. Man, this job is weird.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Some kids need/want very physical representations of where their boundaries are, how far they can go before somebody stops letting them do so. Funny things, kids.

Etelmik said...

Sup Kirsa.

You bought my computer in 2004. Curious--you still have it? *waves*

Th. said...

.

One of my greatest regrets is losing theric.com. Congratulations on the domain name, my friend.

Laulau said...

Site looks great so far. I love the placed mango.