Saturday, June 17, 2006

184th place

I just did my first free online poker tournament. I finished in 184th place out of 1156 players. I went for 1 hour and 28 minutes. I was doing really well until I made a vital mistake and then I was out a hand or two later. I'm a little pissed at when I went out. I thought I could have been in it a lot longer. It was incredibly fun though. I don't like internet tournaments as much as playing in real life, mainly due to the fact that it's really really hard to bluff because you can't see what the other people are doing. I'm quite good at watching people and that's what I find the most fun out of the whole thing. I do like these free tournaments. First prize is twenty bucks! Wooo! Only people in the top ten get money. So obviously not that much, but it would have been cool to get further in. But I am somewhat proud of my first time. I'm of course still not going to put real money into it, cause look at me, I got 184th place. Not in the top ten. Even then I would probably only use the money I won. Get it up to 300 and then get a new iPod.

Oh well. In other news I got my new job which has better hours, better pay and a lot less stressful. I'm excited. It's with a microfilm company, basically I load the machines and make sure they don't fall apart and then I can do whatever I want. Internet access is there, so it'll be good. I'll probably bring in my computer when I have film stuff I need to do. It'll be grand. It's graveyard shift so it goes from midnight to 7 am, considering I'm posting this right before I go to bed at 6:30 am, I'll be fine. It's just the first week I'm concerned about since I gave my old job two weeks notice and they're going to hold me to it, so wednesday I have work from 3pm to 11pm then from midnight to 7 am. That'll only be wednesday, monday and the next wednesday then I'm done. Phew.

1 comment:

Braden said...

Oh, goodness. That sounds like an incredibly stressful four days.

The new job sounds great, though. I'm glad.