Alrighty, let's cover at least the Fripp Island part of the trip. So for the first part of the trip I was my families representitive to check out this new beach home that my grandparents had purchased. Now I first have to explain a little bit about my mom's side of the family. My grandparents are crazy, at least I think they are. They are both ultra ultra republican and believe that if anyone in the family doesn't believe the same things as them that they are wrong no matter what. My grandma does this the most, she comments to my mother all the time about how she shouldn't be raising us in the manner she is but should do what she was taught. It's gotten so bad that with my autistic brother my grandmother happened to make the comment that our family shouldn't have to live with that burden and he should be sent to a mental institution, but if we were to keep him around, we should use physical abuse to keep him at bay. My mother almost snapped at that one and calmly told her that if she ever talked to us about my brother again like that, we would cut all communication with them. The other thing my grandmother does is she yells and screams at people and doesn't explain herself and expects them to understand what she's getting at. My grandpa is a little less my grandma. He's not as outspoken and he's a lot more understanding, but he can get cranky some times. He's a retired Lt. Col. in the Marines. Now I love my grandparents, and the whole famly agress that they are really good when you're in a big group with them because their attention is divided. But when it's just you and the two of them or just you and my grandmother, you have to be careful, cause she'll come out with those comments. So the first part of the trip was Me, my grandma and grandpa driving on a six hour trip to Fripp Island South Carolina. It wasn't so bad, there were a couple of points that they would get frustrated and start bickering back and forth, but for the most part it was calm. Now luckily my aunt and her six kids also decided to come to the beanch home for the weekend I was there, so I was able to see some cousins I hadn't yet seen and they are so cute and so well behaved. It was great.
The best parts of the Fripp part of the trip was by far in front was spending times with my cousins, and playing hearts with my grandparents and aunt. The other cool things include, I got to swim in the Atlantic Ocean, We had a 9 foot 50 year old alligator in our front yard, we went to Subway one of the nights and when I asked for stamps the dude gave me 17 stamps.
I've now decided that one place I can never live is in the south states, at least during the summer. Ever since I've been doing all my exercising and losing all this weight, I tried to do the same exercises in Fripp and I was sweating within 10 minutes instead of around 50, and I could do about 20 minutes before I was beat where as I usually go walking for about an hour or two a night. I can't handle this humidity, I could on my mission but I wasn't really exercising as much.
So then we drove down to Orlando and this is where the fun began with my G-Parents. Once again it was just the three of us and so the comments started coming out, my grandma told me my hair was just a bit too long and that girls don't like long hair like mine, after all she's a girl and she knows. I had to tell her that I wouldn't marry someone who wasn't fine with me growing my hair into an afro. She then tried to convince me that Film was a heathen's major to go into. That if I did it I would fall away from the church and that I should go into the Religion department so that I can become a general authority. She finally came down to the point through our arguing that she knows what she's talking about and she speaks the truth. So I just had to take it. Then there was listening to Rush Limbaugh and agreeing with everything he said even when he's just too mean about things. But the best part was when we entered Orlando. I've been to disney before, but they hadn't. Well when we were about 12 exits away, the map quest said to get off the free way, and I knew that wasn't right, and I told them to stay on I 4 but they said they woul follow mapquest to the end. So I called up my aunt who was on the same route and was ahead of us and she said yes, it was 12 more exits and she was currently taking it and had mapquest that told her where it was. But my granparents followed our mapquest though I kept pleading with them that it was wrong, yet they kept telling me I was wrong. So where'd we end up? In the middle of a residential area. But still they wouldn't listen to me, so we stopped for directions and the lady immidiatly said, no you should have stayed on I4. Turns out my grandma accidently put in dinseyworld instead of disneyworld. So the nice lady printed a new map quest for us and when we were off again they both blamed me for not seeing that it said dinsey world and that I wasn't attentive enough to the signs to see that we needed to stay on I4, and when I said I had been pleading with them that yes I was doing so, my grandmother said, "Why can't you admit when you're wrong?"
We got into the hotel that night and my grandmother was yelling at all the front desk people to get everything right. Well I went up to check on her and she was at the ticket office getting the tickets for dinseyworld, and she was swearing up a storm at the lady that looked like she was about to cry. When I arrived my grandma said, "See if you can knock some sense into her, I need to sit down." So she went to sit down and the lady said, "I can't process 26 tickets in two minutes." Come to find out through the whole thing my grandma hadn't listened to anyone and we ended up paying for 10 adult tickets and 15 children tickets. But kids 10 and up have to be adult tickets, so we needed 20 adult tickets and 5 children, but my grandma didn't listen to them. So I had to work it all out which took another hour and when my grandma came back demanding that she take care of it I had to stand up to her and tell her no, which was VERY hard cause I'm yellow and it's hard to go into a red column. Ha. But I talked to one of the other tellers later and it turned out while dealing with my grandma she had to go into the back room "to get some stuff" but in reality she went back and cried. Yeah, that wasn't cool, but my grandma is in her own world and she's very forceful about it. So I fixed the tickets and then I was done with grandma for the trip.
So then we had disneyworld which was fun, except when I threw up on the space ride at Epcot. I can't take spinning rides since I have such low blood pressure. But I tried anyways and failed. And then I got food poisoning the next day so I spent the third day in my room. My favorite park this time was MGM, I did all the different things including being picked to be an extra for the Indiana Jones presentation because I could yell the loudest out of everyone in the audience. It was so cool.
Then sunday we drove to Cape canaveral and boarded the cruise which I'm now on. And let me tell you it is sweet. I've had some crazy things happen which I'll cover later. Man this is a long post, and it's all stuff that happened instead of philosophy and whatnot. Too bad. Well there will also be poetry once I read them at Poetasters then I'll post them here if I like them enough after a group listens to it. I've got until saturday and then it's back to Utah, and I'll be glad to be home. But I think tomorrow when I got snorkeling, I'll have an awesome time. I also grooved my way through a 70s dicso night last night, that was way cool.
That's it for me.
Monday, June 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah I can't do spinning rides either. I actually don't even go to fairs or amusement parks anymore just because most of the rides these days seem to spin...either that or they're roller coasters, and I hate those too. Not much fun am I? :)
Post a Comment