Saw Longest Yard today. 1 and a half stars. Now for those of you that have read my entire blog, you know that yes I do indeed like to watch wrestling. If you haven't read that, go to the second post I ever posted for an explanation. And if you don't wanna just know, that yes I do like it, no I don't want to watch it with you, because yes I know what you will say, yes it is fake, but you know what? I have liked it since I was 6, and will probably continue to like it, because I enjoy it. I'm one of those guys who like to critique the storylines, the acting and overall just enjoy the shows. So now that that's out of the way. I know a lot about wrestling and the wrestlers in them. For instance, Matt Hardy was screwed. Anyone who gets fired because they get mad at their friend for cheating on them with a higher priced wrestler and gets fired for publicly venting on his blog about it. Now that is getting screwed. But that's not what I came here to talk about. Now when it comes to wrestling, most of these guys are not good actors. They are good at what they do, and that's wrestle and do the cliche wrestling promos. I can think of two wrestlers off the top of my head who would do fairly well in the movie industry. The Rock is currently doing pretty good where he is now with movies, and good for him with that one. Now besides the Rock, most people try to get into movies from launching off of Wrestling, let's look at Hulk Hogan, what did he do? Mr. Mom, Suburban Commando, a made for tv movie from Ted Turner over there in TNT land. Now most wrestlers usually end up doing a guest star role, for instance Triple H in Blade Trinity. But now it has come to my attention that a movie has decided to put not one which can be allowed for some movies, but THREE wrestlers into a movie. And that was done with the Longest Yard. But not only three wrestlers, but three in three seperate companies. You've got the first, Stone Cold Steve Austin who is the highest on the WWE checkbook besides possibly The Rock who is still emplyed with WWE. He broke his neck a while back and was still able to walk, however he can no longer wrestle, so he does work behind the scenes, makes guest appearances, drinks a beer on camera here and there and does a little work in movies. That's all fine and good. Now the second is Bill Goldberg. Bill was the right thing at the right time for WCW just before it went under. He was their unstoppable machine. He went something like 125 and 0 before capturing the world championship. Problem was they made him too good, so when they tried to give the belt to someone else no would could believe he could do it. Right when he lost the belt, WCW also lost the ratings war with WWE which they never recovered from until it ran them out of business. WWE picked up Goldberg and gave him the belt but they couldn't handle the guy. He was too hot headed for them and couldn't do anything with him unless it was belt related so they let him go and he s WWE now. He now does a car show for the History channel and was in this movie. Lastly is Kevin Nash, Kevin Nash was one of the front runners for WCW and started the ratings war that kept WCW on top for 3 years. He now works for TNA after doing a brief 3 month stint with the WWE. So now if any of you are still reading this, I thought it was amazing that they got 3 guys all from different companies into this. All 3 of them have been noted on wrestling sites to have problems with each other and yet they were all in this movie. Pretty wacky to me.
Now for those that followed the title's suggestion. I am coming back tomorrow, I need to go back home. Too much family and too many things I want to do at home. I've realized on this trip that a lot of things are going good for me right now, and I really like life at home. I can't wait to meet more people and gain more friends and help out the existing ones as well. I can't wait, and it's just tomorrow. I'm gonna be all happy and giddy for like a week cause I have so much I wanna do. I'm gonna be at Poetasters with a couple of my poems on tuesday, I'll be at Juggling club and have fun there on thursday. I'm gonna see Batman Begins with my buddies. I'm gonna do a whole bunch of homework on my independent study course so I can finish that as soon as possible. I'm going to have an Arrested Development Marathon of sorts. Hopefully show some people some Michel Gondry videos, and have a lot of fun. I ripped and ready to take a hold of life and get out there and make something happen, so watch out Provo cause here I come.
Oh yes, and just as another note that I'm now editing in, and as a reminder, if ANYONE has a scrapbooking party and I mean ANYONE. Give me a holler, cause I need to do some scrapbooking and I only do it when I'm with people. I know, guys don't scrap book but I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment