So first the bad news which I did cry quite a bit about when I first heard about it. I got a call from my dad yesterday saying that my grandpa (his dad, not my mom's dad that was a part of the cruise) just had a stroke, and it's not looking good. They're thinking he might live at most a year. So my dad told me this and then said he was going to fly down to Arizona today and go visit him and take a whole bunch of the art in his house up to SLC. Now my dad found out recently that he has two more hernias (he's already had hernia surgery before) so he can't pick anything up so he needs me to go along, and also the fact that this may be the last time I can see my grandpa before he dies. Now I've never had anyone close to me die before so this is the first time I've even had to deal with the possibility of it. So I'm headed to Arizona today at 3 and getting back on Saturday. So yesterday after crying a bit, I did what I usually do when something bad happens, I distract myself by doing fun things, so that's what I did. And I had a mighty good time too.
Now here's the funny thing about this. For those that do or don't know, I've got meself a missionary. Now as most people do when they've got themselves a missionary they'll still date. Go on dates and all that jazz. Well since being home I've only gone on two dates and both went horribly. Now I finally had the guts to go on my third date on this friday but because of family emergencies I had to cancel it. So I think it's a bit funny that someone sees fit to control the fact that I can't date anyone while I've got me a missionary. She's probably controling it from afar.
But this date was a really cute thing the relief society came up with. Every guy that wants to participate enters a tie in, then the girls pick out a tie and that determines who they go on the date with. So then the girls secretly perform some sort of service for the guys, like cook them breakfast or something like that. And they guy doesn't find out who it is until the date. So that would have been my third date. But it looks like we may change it for the 4th by hiking up the Y and watching fireworks or some such like that.
Now if anyone wants me to pick them up a postcard in Arizona or anything else, comment and tell me. If you want an Arizona rock or something.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oooooh, I *love* the tie idea. I adore my ties.
Aww, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather. This has been a bad week for everyone I know. Hopefully, everything will work out okay. :)
Actually, I collect postcards and I don't have any from AZ. Could you bring me one? Have a safe trip and I hope you enjoy your time with your grandfather. I've never lost a close relative before, so I don't know what that's like either. I'm not very good at dealing with death.
Hey, if you get this, break me off some creosote? I miss the rain smell.
Post a Comment