Thursday, June 02, 2005
Day 2
Oi, day 2. I'm here in Atlanta Georgia. Had a good flight out, I wrote two poems on the plane. I'll post them once I've got them edited to my liking. I then rode the metro up here to Cumming Georgia. It's funny cause as I was helping my grandpa out with errands this morning he mentioned to me, "Do you see any black people around here?" And I thought about it and realized that I hadn't seen any since I left Atlanta. I said No and he said, "Well that's because we're in Forsyth county, and here in Forsyth county is where the Ku Klux Klan was originally formed, and we still have a chapter of them here, you can see them walking around main street every once in a while." Wow. Now there's a funny one. From here I head to Fripp Island, South Carolina for the weekend and then on tuesday I head down to Disney. I'll check in every now and again when I'm at a computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Where the Ku Klux Klan was formed? Creepy. Man, it's bad enough here in Tennessee. I miss seeing black people, I really do. I was so used to all the diversity in South Carolina and then I moved here and was like, "What the heck? It's just bunch of white people!" Occasionally I'll ring up a non-white person at work, and that always makes me happy.
BYU's only going to be worse though. Talk about all the SAME.
Post a Comment