Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Sun

The sun rises over a really green meadow. The face of a disheveled 30 year old is inside of the sun. He sees the camera and starts to shout.

Sun: Hey! Hey! You! You with the camera! Keep me company!

The camera starts to turn away.

Off screen: I'll give you heat stroke if you don't come over here!

The camera turns back onto the sun.

Sun: Thank you, Jeez. So I guess you don't remember me. Since no one looks at me now a days, something about retinas detaching, but I'm the Sun. Did you ever watch PBS? You know that show with those furry things with tvs in their stomachs? Do you remember the sun laughing as a little child? Well that was me. They made me laugh. But whoever was the numbskull who put me in the sun I'll never know. You know how much it sucks to be the Sun? I'm a joke. I can learn things okay, I can hear you scampering around down there and I hear your languages, but you know what sucks, I have no body. No arms, no legs. I sit around all day and watch you people. It would at least be nice if you pointed a big tv at me, that way I'd be entertained like you people. But no, I have to be here with an itch on my nose and never scratch it. You know how dirty my hair is? I don't know how dirty it is, but it itches a lot.

The camera starts to pull away.

Sun: Hey I'm not done talking to you yet!

The camera runs away.

Sun: You can't run from me.

A voice is heard: Ouch!

The camera falls to the ground revealing the camera man, he is sunburnt.

Sun: Yeah take that douche bag!

______________
This post is an installment in a continuing series of content coordinated by theme or motif with posts from Enoch Allred of Chiltingham, John Allred of clol Town, Jon Fairbanks of Funkadelic Freestylings of Another Sort, Eli Z. McCormick and Miriam Allred of Modern Revelation!, John D. Moore of Whatnot Studios, Davey Morrison, Joseph Schlegel of Sour Mayonnaise, Sven Patrick Svensson of Sadness? Euphoria?, William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden, and WiL Whitlark of The Real McJesus. This week's theme: 'The Sun'.

No comments: