Jeff is in the living room playing video games. His friend Tom bursts into the apartment really excited.
Tom: Dude, I had the greatest day ever?
Jeff: Oh?
Tom: Like seriously, it was the greatest day ever.
Jeff: What happened?
Tom: So I went to the vending machine at school and I put it 60 cents for a candy bar and THREE Candy bars fell out!
Jeff: Okay.
Tom: Three!
Jeff: Yeah.
Tom: So, I had the greatest day ever.
Jeff: Because you paid 60 cents for three candy bars?
Tom: 20 cents each! I totally cheated the system!
Jeff: Is that it?
Tom: Is that it? Is that it? Dude, that's it, and it was awesome.
Jeff: That does not sound the greatest day ever. It sounds like something cool happened but there are so many other things which could classify as the best thing ever.
Tom: You do realize I've been incarcerated as a Prisoner of War for the past 10 years and I just got out this morning right?
Jeff: Oh yeah, I forgot, this must be the best day ever then.
Tom: Yes, indeed.
______________
This post is an installment in a continuing series of content coordinated by theme or motif with posts from Enoch Allred of Chiltingham, John Allred of clol Town, Jon Fairbanks of Funkadelic Freestylings of Another Sort, Eli Z. McCormick and Miriam Allred of Modern Revelation!, John D. Moore of Whatnot Studios, Davey Morrison, Joseph Schlegel of Sour Mayonnaise, Sven Patrick Svensson of Sadness? Euphoria?, William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden, and WiL Whitlark of The Real McJesus. This week's theme: 'The Greatest Day Ever'.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Screw extra candy bars. It would be the greatest day ever if I could get even one out of a vending machine for just sixty cents!
Something tells me Jeff was in the exact same place, doing the exact same thing ten years ago when he last saw Tom.
Post a Comment