
I went and saw "I Am Legend" today, mostly because I was there during the music composition part of most of the film. Internet reports had it that the Producers changed a lot of the movie, wrestling control from the Director, and sure enough, I saw about nine full scenes being done, and only two of them were left in the final product. The ending and a major plot point were also thrown out. Why does the Alpha Male seemingly stalk Smith? Oh because, oh wait, they took out the reason... Looks like the world will never know. Unless of course there is a directors cut, and then the movie will be insanely different, which I bet there will be. I'll buy that one if it comes out.
Also, they didn't just cut the scenes, even most of the scenes I saw that were in the movie, the music was gutted. Only two or so scenes had the same music I saw, and the end credits is where they put the rest of them. So if you do see the movie, only the orchestral stuff which is few and far between and the stuff after the Marley song in the end credits is what I was there for.

8 comments:
So... for those of us ignorant enough to not be involved and who don't know the plot at all... is it worth seeing?
Not really. :) It's okay.
.
Jeez. It has obviously been WAY too long since I visited you. Did you post about this? Where are you? What are you doing these days?
Darn. I read the book, and I really liked it. It was not, though, typical movie stuff. It was very surprising... If they changed the ending, it would destroy the whole point of the book! The ending was awesome!
READ THE BOOK!
I have just been to see the movie - I quite liked it. Do you know what the song is during the end credits that starts playing after Redemption Song? Sounds like it was just going to be an instrumental piece but I didn't get to hear all of it, just the beginning.
I recorded the song from a rip, i dont know the actual name, but i would love to have the original. It is a beautiful song and so wonderfully composed. I cry everytime i listen to it. Especially when the stings come in...
Sad digs. I really liked the Vincent Price adaption (okay, maybe I just really like Vincent Price) and was rather looking forward to this.
I really liked it. But I'm not terribly cultured when it comes to movie-watching. And your post is making me hope that there will be a director's cut. I'd like the movie that much more if it explained all those weird things.
Post a Comment