Now I must preface this by saying that I did not listen to the Radiohead albums this year. I had planned on it, but by the time I went to get it off the website, it had been taken down. I didn't feel good about paying nothing for it, but I never had enough money on my card to buy it until after they took it down. So I never listened to it. I hear it was really good. So here's my list minus not listening to that album. Also as a side note, there weren't many awesome albums that came out this year that I would like. Note I'm not really into the indie scene.
Only a top 4 this year. Honorable mentions go to Bloc Party, Modest Mouse and Busdriver.
4. Ozomatli -- Don't Mess With The Dragon -- Ozomatli has been one of my favorite bands throughout the years and this cd is a very hip and up tempo album. I even heard some radio play which is good for these guys, they deserve it. Not the best album to start with, but it's a good rockin' album.
3. Queens of The Stoneage -- Eva Vulgaris -- QOTSA really has grown up in their past couple of albums and this one they try new things and really score on a lot of it. They have the hard, the soft, the crazy and the mellow.
2. Ween -- La Cucaracha -- Ween is my second favorite band of all time, and this album just makes them another notch up there. They go for such different things which they hadn't done before, such as a Steppenwolf like Jam and an old timey 40s rockabilly tune. This album is among the greats like White Pepper, Quebec and The Mollusk. Lots of different things and all working well together.
1. Nine Inch Nails -- Year Zero -- This album blew my socks off when I first heard it and even now I can't find a bad song on the cd. It's industrial rock at it's best. Reznor does some amazing things with computers to pull of this amazingly rockin' album. Even the cd itself is really cool as it changes when it's heated up. This is the best piece of music when it comes to industrial that I can think of.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I guess it's bad that I don't know any of these...:(
Happy New Year!
I haven't listened to any of these yet. I'll have to see what I can find. Thanks for the most excellent roadtrip tips. And, hey, you can help me learn and practice some of that Portuguese as we travel through South America!
So, I also prefer to support the artist... But I have no problem with buying my music from Russia for nine cents a song!
Also, what is your #1 favorite band?
Post a Comment