I went to Warped Tour this past weekend. It was wicked hot. I decided upon going becase there were three bands I wanted to see. Coheed and Cambria, Bad Religion and K-OS. I was dissappointed by Coheed more so because of their fans, I didn't realized they had psycho beat each other up punk fans. They did play the songs I wanted to hear so I was good, but the lead singer couldn't sing as much cause his hair got in the way, but oh my how I love his hair. I didn't see Bad Religion cause I was too tired and went home after K-OS. K-OS was also dissappointing, he was either too high, didn't want to be in Utah or both. He missed most of his lines, and most of the songs he played are his lesser songs in my opinion. Unfortunately all sets were only 30 minutes. The best show was by a band called "Two and a Half White Guys". They were at one of the smaller stages, and they're a local band apparently. They put on an excellent show.
Speaking of heat, I've been getting heat exhaustion a lot lately. Basically my body is getting less and less tolerant to heat. Thus why I'm currently living at home even though I still have to pay for an apartment, because that apartment was always too hot and I was getting sick while being there because my roommate and I have about a ten degree difference in our body temperature. Basically if I'm outside for about ten minutes I start getting heat exhaustion, so i have to do any exercizing outside while it's so hot. So living at home where the house is always air conditioned is basically the only thing I can do, I'm so looking forward to next summer when it starts getting hot because I'll move north and I'll be able to handle the weather.
My autistic brother Michael is currently at a camp for six weeks. It's a little hard because of the thought of him not knowing what's going on. But it's really helping us out, the house is always very quiet. Once he gets home is about the time that I'll be getting a new apartment.
I'm very excited for this new apartment, I'll be with a bunch of the Happy Pirates guys lving right next door to Uffish, Krebs, MGD and more. It's going to be an awesome street. And it's going to be a really good last two semesters, especially to have such good friends all around me. Huntsman is supposedly coming up for a two semesters as well so I'll be able to have fun with him too. Not much to do left before then, so I'm just getting myself excited and having fun while I can. :)
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry about the concert man. I went to a Brand New concert, and the crowd made the music rather hard to enjoy. I would have like to hear what you thought of Bad Religion. I like the band but have never heard them live.
John, where have you been in my life? And I'm sorry a couple of the shows didn't go so great. But, hey, a new local band discovered . . . :)
.
I know two-and-a-half white guys. Goofy Provo reggae band. I have them on a compilation of the Timpanogos Songwriters Association. They're on the Warped Tour? Huh.
Way to support local music, 3M!
.
Sorry.
That was me.
Hey, um, seeing as though we've briefly mentioned Neil Peart to each other before, are you planning to going to Rush on August 6? If you do, we should make plans.
Post a Comment