This is a picture of the band "moe." This picture is not from the concert last night. So last night two of my good buddies and I were off to the Gallavan Center in Salt Lake City to see moe. put on a free concert. moe. is a Jam Band, so for those who don't really know what to expect from a Jam Band, imagine a rock concert except you aren't smashed up against everyone there, people give you enough room to dance, and also imagine almost everyone is stoned. The band plays long jams which crescendo and the band plays off of the energy of the crowd. That's a typical Jam Band concert. When I went to Warped Tour less then a month ago, I realized I didn't have it in me to go to regular rock concerts, I needed to stick to the Jam Band scene and other acts, no mainstream for me, unless I do want to not breathe. Anyways, so we headed off to this free concert, a band called Dr. Dog started us off, we didn't know them, they weren't all that great. So when moe. took the stage we started to have some fun. Now I'm going to tell of my top three favorite concerts, my first was held at the Gallavan Center a year earlier, it was the band Galactic, they put on an amazing show and the crowd was awesome, they literally when their time was up asked the event producer if they could play longer because it was such a good show. My second place goes to my first Phish concert, to see such a legendary band was an amazing experience. It was in Vegas and was an overall good time. My third place goes to last summer when Ween came to town. Now surprisingly, this concert has now beat out the Ween concert to make it to my third place. And here's the reason why, the Gallavan center for those that don't know is an outdoor theater in the middle of Salt Lake, about 300 south and Main. Well midway into the third song, it starts to rain, just a little bit, but about midway through the fifth song, it starts to downpour, well because of this the crowd started getting happier and more excited cause a rock concert in the rain is amazing. moe came out with a huge jam at one point getting higher and higher in the crescendo and the rain was pouring down on us and everyone was dancing and having a great time as was I. I've never had so much fun soaking wet. Rain makes any concert better. So there you have it, imagine an entire plaza full of hippies getting rained on while listening to a concert. It was one of the best days this year by far. So much fun.
Friday, July 27, 2007
moe. Concert July 26th 2007
This is a picture of the band "moe." This picture is not from the concert last night. So last night two of my good buddies and I were off to the Gallavan Center in Salt Lake City to see moe. put on a free concert. moe. is a Jam Band, so for those who don't really know what to expect from a Jam Band, imagine a rock concert except you aren't smashed up against everyone there, people give you enough room to dance, and also imagine almost everyone is stoned. The band plays long jams which crescendo and the band plays off of the energy of the crowd. That's a typical Jam Band concert. When I went to Warped Tour less then a month ago, I realized I didn't have it in me to go to regular rock concerts, I needed to stick to the Jam Band scene and other acts, no mainstream for me, unless I do want to not breathe. Anyways, so we headed off to this free concert, a band called Dr. Dog started us off, we didn't know them, they weren't all that great. So when moe. took the stage we started to have some fun. Now I'm going to tell of my top three favorite concerts, my first was held at the Gallavan Center a year earlier, it was the band Galactic, they put on an amazing show and the crowd was awesome, they literally when their time was up asked the event producer if they could play longer because it was such a good show. My second place goes to my first Phish concert, to see such a legendary band was an amazing experience. It was in Vegas and was an overall good time. My third place goes to last summer when Ween came to town. Now surprisingly, this concert has now beat out the Ween concert to make it to my third place. And here's the reason why, the Gallavan center for those that don't know is an outdoor theater in the middle of Salt Lake, about 300 south and Main. Well midway into the third song, it starts to rain, just a little bit, but about midway through the fifth song, it starts to downpour, well because of this the crowd started getting happier and more excited cause a rock concert in the rain is amazing. moe came out with a huge jam at one point getting higher and higher in the crescendo and the rain was pouring down on us and everyone was dancing and having a great time as was I. I've never had so much fun soaking wet. Rain makes any concert better. So there you have it, imagine an entire plaza full of hippies getting rained on while listening to a concert. It was one of the best days this year by far. So much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A girl I know went to a moe concert recently, and it's funny you mentioned the stoned part because I know she is a pothead. Haha. I hope all is going well with you!
Yeah, off beat/indie concerts are sooo much better. I love being able to breath and dance and actually listen to the music. It makes you realize what concerts are really meant to be.
Post a Comment