Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Ow, my rib.
This past weekend my friends and I got together for an experimental 48 hour film shoot. For having 11-12 people of all differing opinions I think the experiment went pretty well. We ended up doing a little mocumentary on a group that gets together for an annual red rover day. It was pretty well done and I liked being a part of it, I had planned on participating in all aspects of the shoot, but something came up. So during the filming I was going to do a prat fall and go to the ground and clutch my shoulder in pain. Well the fall wasn't real, but as they were filming me clutching my shoulder it actually was in pain. I thought to myself as I was rolling on the ground how cool it was because during this part of the filming, I really wasn't acting cause I really was in a lot of pain, it almost made me laugh right then and there except for the fact that I was supposed to look like I was in pain. After we finished filming we all went out to eat and there was still plans on doing other things but by that time I was still in a lot of pain and really just needed to go home and rest, so I went home and let everyone else pick up my slack. Turns out though that it wasn't my shoulder that was hurting, I had bruised one of my ribs. I could tell that was what it was when I tried to lie down. Since then I think my rib has been healing, it's not hurt badly enough to do anything about, it's like a sprain, but in the rib area. It's been getting better each day but it still smarts when I cough or lie down. Luckily I usually sleep on my right side and it's on the left so I'm good in that area. Once it's online I'll post where it is and you can check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
MSG'd!
Hope you feel better soon.
That was an awkward moment to be holding the camera. I wasn't sure how much was real or how much was acting. Sorry you got banged up like that.
I must admit, it turned out better than I thought it would. With ten different people (most of which consider themselves more suited to writing or production than acting), turns out that a large-cast mockumentary like that was a good choice considering our canvas was entirely open.
Might be fun to do something like this again in the future--maybe even on a smaller scale. Could be worth looking into Film Fights or similar competitions again.
Ouch. Sucky place to hurt. I hope it's better soon!
You're going to be a star.
Also, I haven't seen you in a long time. What the h.
Ouch. I bruised my rib once. Makes it hard to breathe. Hope you feel better soon.
Allow me to say a word of consolation. "Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication."
That is all.
So sorry to hear that! I hope you're feeling better. :)
Post a Comment