Thursday, March 08, 2007

A post with a moral

Guess what I did today...

I was the live sound mixer guy for a band form southern california at Velour. The band is called Great Glass Elevator and they were really quite good. I snagged a free cd from them and will make copies for anyone that wants one, I'm sure they would like that if I did. It was a really cool experience. Then when the show was over I headed over to Happy Pirates to play some drama games. It was so good to do that again, it's been so long.

I decided when coming home from my mission to stay away from mean spirited people, because I had a choice to get away from them. So when someone is mean for no particular reason I usually just remove myself from the situation. I'm fine with constructive critisism, but when people don't use it in a constructive manner I tend to ignore what they say and keep myself away from them in the future. This policy has worked out quite well except in two cases. Two very different people from very different scenarios. Both I consider to be very good friends, which suddenly or not so suddenly became one of these people in whom I tend to avoid. I'm not quite sure what to do, because both of these people I remember them being good friends but now they're both jerks. I dislike jerks.

Besides the whole good friends turned crazy thing. The thing that bugs me about these situations is I can't win. If I stay friends with them, I will continue to get their abuse, however if I tell them they're being a jerk, then they will get mad. Or I can stop hanging out with them, which will again make me the jerk in their eyes because I was the one who broke the friendship.

Moral of the story: If you don't ever want the blame in building bridges become the jerk.

P.S. If you're reading this I gaurantee it's not you. :)

1 comment:

John D. Moore said...

An alternate take on your moral: instead of becoming the jerk, just never have any friends. It significantly reduces such drama.